+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Heating.

Heating.

Anyone succumbed yet? 5th of October and still too warm for it. My wife thought she'd put it on on Saturday but the thermostat was set too high and it didn't come on. She didn't bloody notice either.

Re: Heating.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Anyone succumbed yet? 5th of October and still too warm for it. My wife thought she'd put it on on Saturday but the thermostat was set too high and it didn't come on. She didn't bloody notice either.
    We had it on 2 night's ago but only that night, been off since

Sunday evening

I haven't even stated putting a jumper on yet, I've not put my heating on before November for as long as I can remember.

Absolutely boiling in bed right now, no chance. November earliest without a doubt.

No CH yet; blast of gas fire two nights ago.

I tell the missus I want to drain down all the rads to get rid of the black sludge before the big turn-on - that may take some time -

Couple of hours in the eve, mainly to air off some washing.
    I'm still in short sleeves, though my wife and daughter are "freezing".

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Absolutely boiling in bed right now, no chance. November earliest without a doubt.
    Hot between the sheets, eh? From all the friction, hmm? Lights down low with a copy of Women's Weekly having a posh one, mmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Hot between the sheets, eh? From all the friction, hmm? Lights down low with a copy of Women's Weekly having a posh one, mmm?
    Suits you Sir

not for us, the family all know no heating till we return from disney they do not even ask anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Suits you Sir
    You aint seen me, roight?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    No CH yet; blast of gas fire two nights ago.

I tell the missus I want to drain down all the rads to get rid of the black sludge before the big turn-on - that may take some time -

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    not for us, the family all know no heating till we return from disney they do not even ask anymore
    That's Goofy. Bet the don't give a Donald Duck.

Missus has the thermostat set to 18 'cos of the kids, and it's just turned on... I'm guessing due to the fact it's blowing a ****ing gale outside.

Every evening now for a few hours, what with my old bones (where's the old man smiley?)

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Every evening now for a few hours, what with my old bones (where's the old man smiley?)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy View Post

Where is the little f***er hiding. ?

Where is the little f***er hiding. ?
    here

Well, I can see ours coming on by the weekend with these cold nights. I'll fight it for as long as I can mind....

Had to put it on last week. But only in 2 rooms for 30 mins in the morning and 30 in the evening. The babys room as its a cold room exposed on 3 sides, and the hallway, as its the rad that is always on. All the others are off. Only just had to put a jumper on, so no need for heating in the whole house.

Had the log burner on, but that was because I was having a lazy saturday.

Not yet but I have lit the fire a few times.

Had the log burner lit for the last couple of nights. Not really necessary, but it was pleasant.

Heating is 'on' now, but thermostats wont kick in until the weather is actually cold enough to make it feel cool indoors.
    I'd guess it might kick itself on in a couple of weeks or so.

The wife has just got home and put the heating on. It is a bit chilly to be honest.

just arrived home from a bit of work to find the heating on

now the reason is laughable, my mrs makes birthday cakes as a bit of a hobby, she has 2 dozen red velvet cup cakes and 2 dozen carrot cake cupcakes, both with frosting icing, so with the house being cold, the butter for the frosting wouldnt melt and was lumpy ( i did taste the frosting and it was different that is normally is )

she must think i was born yesterday