+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Accident help

Banned

Re: Car Accident help

Gladiator insurance ...
    In February this year I had a call to say I've been involved in a bump in Wolverhampton and caused about 3k of damage to other vehicle.
    I told them I've not been anywhere near the west midlands and someone made a mistake.
    At first I thought maybe it's a clone and cAlled the police. They said i can pit an all stops out on my number plate , but that would cause me bother as I didn't want to get stopped constantly with all the mileage I do. So I didn't bother.

April, and my policy was up for renewal, my premiums went up by just more than double and I went bezerk with them on phone.
    They said that the case must remain open for 6 months before it can be closed.
    I told them is there anyway they can contact the other insurers and ask what vehicle they think was involved , because I thought if they got a digit wrong on "my" number plate then if it came back that it was say, for instance a Ford, and not my vauxhall , then they could help the inquiry along.
    Nah, did they fack.

So 6 months passed and I had to call THEM and say "oi , 6 months is up, close case and get my premium back down".
    They emailed me the same day and said "after contacting the 3rd parties solicitor we have found that the vehicle they were looking for was not a white vauxhall van so we have closed the case"...

The bastards could have done that 6 months ago.

Going back to April when my premiums shot up, I asked them are they going to pay out then, they said "of course not if you are denying you were involved in the collision". So I replied "why are my premiums going up then if you are not paying them?"
    They were stuttering like fack on the phone.
    Disappointing service.

Banned

A couple of years ago , I was trying to turn left in Penarth when a Cardiff bus decided he was too busy to wait and overtook me, scraping my back quarter on the bumper, shook my car like a mother facker and drove off.
    I followed him and he stopped at the next stop to pick people up and I pulled in front of him to stop him pulling off.

I approached his window and said "you just scraped all my car".
    He said he didn't feel it.
    His company policy don't allow him to give his name out and I had to take his number plate and call his office.

Couple of weeks later he denied it all.

They admitted it about 3 months later and we got our money back.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Gladiator insurance ...
    In February this year I had a call to say I've been involved in a bump in Wolverhampton and caused about 3k of damage to other vehicle.
    I told them I've not been anywhere near the west midlands and someone made a mistake.
    At first I thought maybe it's a clone and cAlled the police. They said i can pit an all stops out on my number plate , but that would cause me bother as I didn't want to get stopped constantly with all the mileage I do. So I didn't bother.

April, and my policy was up for renewal, my premiums went up by just more than double and I went bezerk with them on phone.
    They said that the case must remain open for 6 months before it can be closed.
    I told them is there anyway they can contact the other insurers and ask what vehicle they think was involved , because I thought if they got a digit wrong on "my" number plate then if it came back that it was say, for instance a Ford, and not my vauxhall , then they could help the inquiry along.
    Nah, did they fack.

So 6 months passed and I had to call THEM and say "oi , 6 months is up, close case and get my premium back down".
    They emailed me the same day and said "after contacting the 3rd parties solicitor we have found that the vehicle they were looking for was not a white vauxhall van so we have closed the case"...

The bastards could have done that 6 months ago.

Going back to April when my premiums shot up, I asked them are they going to pay out then, they said "of course not if you are denying you were involved in the collision". So I replied "why are my premiums going up then if you are not paying them?"
    They were stuttering like fack on the phone.
    Disappointing service.
    Shirley in this day and age you have got PROTECTED NO CLAIMS. ?

I am with MORE THAN and my premiums on car & van have not risen for years.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Shirley in this day and age you have got PROTECTED NO CLAIMS. ?

I am with MORE THAN and my premiums on car & van have not risen for years.
    Protected no claims doesn't stop your premium going up. If you have a claim they think you are a high risk do they put you premium up and then take you no claims discount off the new, higher premium

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    i am not convinced we needed to know what colour the crates were.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Little bit of advice - report it to the police.

That way you'll have an official record of it, incident number etc. - your insurance will probably expect this from you anyway, but don't assume that because it's a big company like Asda that they'll play nice.

I made the same mistake once before and got shafted. Never again - now any little bump and the police get called.

Never underestimate people's ability to act like c unts.
    ^^^^This.

Asda have public liability insurance so they won't want this to drag on and will probably deal with it in a sensible way, once they've established it was one of their vehicles that did the damage.