Thread: Marouane Chamakh

Marouane Chamakh

Chamakh incoming as well.....

Re: Marouane Chamakh

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    Chamakh incoming as well.....
    would be great.

Not a big fan, does he offer anything more than Lambert?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Well we've signed 3 target men this summer might as well sign another

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Well we've signed 3 target men this summer might as well sign another
    Thats using the term "Target Men" in its loosest useage possible

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    I'd like to give you an incoming Chamakh
    I didn't think he was your type.

Me neither. I talked of petulance earlier in the thread he strikes me as having good this, if he comes obviously hope I'm wrong.

We just have to remember, what's his brief, "keep us up" I should imagine. No matter who he signs if he gets the best out of them he will have done his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Thats using the term "Target Men" in its loosest useage possible
    Agreed but seeing as we have no strikers with pace and can play off the shoulder you'd think that would be more of a priority than another big lump upfront.
    I just hope Darius Henderson isn't out of contract!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Agreed but seeing as we have no strikers with pace and can play off the shoulder you'd think that would be more of a priority than another big lump upfront.
    I just hope Darius Henderson isn't out of contract!!!
    Yep, pretty much grew up watching big man,little man upfront for City. With varying degrees of success though.

Chamakh is a creative player, not just a "head on a stick". He would be a great addition to our front line.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Chamakh is a creative player, not just a "head on a stick". He would be a great addition to our front line.
    Yeah, he can play deeper as more of a creative and can link midfield and attack well. Obviously has quality.

A few drawbacks with him. Aging player. Injury prone. And his attitude and work rate can be poor. Also he's another slow mofo.

But it's encouraging that NW has worked with him before.

Another Macheda IMO. However, if he signs and proves me wrong I certainly won't grumble.

Possibly not, but am willing to bet he'll offer more than Zohore and Fred

Blue in the Face

Official

Cardiff City target ex-Palace and Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37587383

Former Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh is the latest target for new Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock.

Chamakh, 32, did not have his contract renewed by Crystal Palace last season, so is available as a free agent.

The Moroccan had a three-year spell at Arsenal, having arrived from French club Bourdeaux in 2010.

He had a loan spell at West Ham United and Palace before joining the Eagles on a permanent basis in 2014.

Warnock, appointed on Tuesday, is moving rapidly to revamp the Cardiff squad.

The Bluebirds are expected to confirm the signings of Junior Hoilett and Sol Bamba as well as Chamakh, in time for the opening game under Warnock at home to Bristol City, on Friday, October 14.
    Last edited by Blue in the Face; 07-10-16 at 12:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Official

Cardiff City target ex-Palace and Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37587383

Former Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh is the latest target for new Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock.

Chamakh, 32, did not have his contract renewed by Crystal Palace last season, so is available as a free agent.

The Moroccan had a three-year spell at Arsenal, having arrived from French club Bourdeaux in 2010.

He had a loan spell at West Ham United and Palace before joining the Eagles on a permanent basis in 2014.

Warnock, appointed on Tuesday, is moving rapidly to revamp the Cardiff squad.

The Bluebirds are expected to confirm the signings of Junior Hoilett and Sol Bamba as well as Chamakh, in time for the opening game under Warnock at home to Bristol City, on Friday, October 14.
    Nothing from the club itself in any of these reports.

better pace , and we have a better bench , means we can better utalise Pilk's on the wing , in his real position .

BBC reporting it now which is usually a good sign

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37587383

I had no idea he was that old. I wonder if he's still committing hair atrocities.

We can only get free transfers atm and there'll always be a reason why they're without a club in October. Skill wise he'll be fine, but motivation?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    Another Macheda IMO. However, if he signs and proves me wrong I certainly won't grumble.
    He's done more in his career than Macheda.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I had no idea he was that old. I wonder if he's still committing hair atrocities.
    Last one was a beauty but in fairness to him, I think it was him saying his last goodbyes.
    He'll be bald in a year if he's not already

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    We can only get free transfers atm and there'll always be a reason why they're without a club in October. Skill wise he'll be fine, but motivation?
    Do you mean free agents? Isn't a free transfer a transfer between clubs but without any financial exchange? Please feel free to educate me if my understanding is incorrect.
    Last edited by Taunton Blue Genie; 07-10-16 at 15:49.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    yes one is wages , look at the prolific Robson Kanu recent signing ,no one wanted to pay the wage I guess v the goal output ,WBA took a punt , 2 appearances no goals so far ?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'd say yes.
    IMG_1554.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Do you mean free agents? Isn't a free transfer a transfer between clubs but without any financial exchange? Please feel free to educate me if my understanding is incorrect.
    Free agent is probably a better term but free transfer is also used here as there is no transfer fee paid.
    The club acquiring the player does not have to pay any compensation for their release due to having nothing left to pay on their contract, hence, the term free transfer."
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free...tion_football)

The old style free transfer that you're talking about is mentioned below that sentence in the article. But I wouldn't disagree that free agent is a clearer term.

"

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    yes one is wages , look at the prolific Robson Kanu recent signing ,no one wanted to pay the wage I guess v the goal output ,WBA took a punt , 2 appearances no goals so far ?
    True. He's a rarity where he was without a club with his stock higher than it had ever been. I think most want to play at a level that they probably aren't good enough for any more and are holding out.

And to be fair, if chamakh doesn't need the monthly salary, he might as well bide his time for a desperate club who might overpay him than lock in with a smaller contract lower down. He can probably afford to take the risk.