+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marouane Chamakh

Re: Marouane Chamakh

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Free agent is probably a better term but free transfer is also used here as there is no transfer fee paid.
    The club acquiring the player does not have to pay any compensation for their release due to having nothing left to pay on their contract, hence, the term free transfer."
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free...tion_football)

The old style free transfer that you're talking about is mentioned below that sentence in the article. But I wouldn't disagree that free agent is a clearer term.

"
    Thanks for that. It seems that clubs still have players registered with them even when the players are out of contract. Interesting.
    Last edited by Taunton Blue Genie; 07-10-16 at 16:15.

These signings feel more like the standard of player DJ (or Malky to a certain extent) would have brought in ( I mean that in a good way). Players who could just about manage in the PL and who should have enough talent to be comfortable with the standard of the Champ. Along with those signed by Trollope and those who remained from the previous PL campaign we should have enough to ensure we climb the league.

Creative midfielder in the middle would be good. Someone in the mold of Whitts to give him some competition.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Well we've signed 3 target men this summer might as well sign another
    You've spent too many hours/days on Football Manager mate.

When will they learn?

What's the difference between him and Immers? Both lanky and more creative than pacey or poacher.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    What's the difference between him and Immers? Both lanky and more creative than pacey or poacher.
    This is my thought. I'm slightly concerned that NW has made a snap judement on our squad and what it needs. Though QPR fans seem to be really critical of Hoilett, I think he's a player we need. I'm a bit concerned about the other two signings. Do we actually need them?

I've never disliked Warnock, but a criticism I've always had of him is that when he is succsessful, a bi-product tends to be that he bloats squads in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    This is my thought. I'm slightly concerned that NW has made a snap judement on our squad and what it needs. Though QPR fans seem to be really critical of Hoilett, I think he's a player we need. I'm a bit concerned about the other two signings. Do we actually need them?

I've never disliked Warnock, but a criticism I've always had of him is that when he is succsessful, a bi-product tends to be that he bloats squads in the process.
    He is a pro-active manager outside a transfer window.

This all seems good to me.

As opposed to being bored to death and depressed about the City for 2 years, I am excited, and so are many others.Whether it works or not, we shall see. But we all want to look!

Lets not become overly worried. Our incumbent manager surely has a better grip than our last three or so.

Well if Colin can get us out of this mess by getting players off the scrapheap it will be a wonderful and inspiring feat.

Confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    I'd say yes.
    Attachment 893
    So ideally suited to a club who is also desperately need of some kind of presence up front.

6 month contract to prove fitness and form, sounds smart.

Essentially an emergency loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    6 month contract to prove fitness and form, sounds smart.

Essentially an emergency loan.
    3 months.

This Morrocan guy is good. Just what we need. Experience and able to prove himself.
    Delighted Mrs Warnock. Well done City.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    This Morrocan guy is good. Just what we need. Experience and able to prove himself.
    Delighted Mrs Warnock. Well done City.
    Was an excellent player and hopefully will still be in the championship but deemed not fit enough for WBA and in the official "hold the shirt" photo he looks like he's found Greggs already