+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If we are signing all these free agents

If we are signing all these free agents

Has Warnock demanded extra funds that were previously denied to Trollope and told the board that the current "austerity" isn't working and the squad isn't good enough, or have there been funds available but Trollope (and possibly the board) have thought the squad was ok for a playoff bid?

Blue in the Face

Re: If we are signing all these free agents

I think we'll have to off load a few more bodies in January to balance the wage bill and to comply with FFP.

Vinny has always got the insurance policy of paying fees to Cardiff via one of his other clubs if players like say, Zahore for example, can be persuaded to move there permanently.

Will be interesting to see what he does with them. If anything.

I'd imagine that Warnock will have demanded that his preferred backroom join him, along with some flexibility in signing players.

Warnock is a high profile manager, compared to the last few, and the board, if they want to stay in this division, need to trust his judgement and give him what he needs to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    I suspect he will make them free agents

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Has Warnock demanded extra funds that were previously denied to Trollope and told the board that the current "austerity" isn't working and the squad isn't good enough, or have there been funds available but Trollope (and possibly the board) have thought the squad was ok for a playoff bid?
    yes probably, its all part of new managers appointment and his terms ,NW is no fool .

Trollope was allowed a certain degree of signings however they did not match the outgoings fee's so we probably balance out ,good work by the transfer committee one might say, perhaps they kept their powder dry , as Trollope was an unknown factor ,and they may well have been proven right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Fence painters

well he cant put in a rescue plan without rescue players...

our current players pick up a wage... they lost the drive long ago

this will give everyone a kick... and the new players coming in will be the toast of the town when they complete the mission they have been set

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    I think we'll have to off load a few more bodies in January to balance the wage bill and to comply with FFP.

Vinny has always got the insurance policy of paying fees to Cardiff via one of his other clubs if players like say, Zahore for example, can be persuaded to move there permanently.
    Maybe he will have to sell the likes of Manga,Noone,Gunnarand Immers in January if we want to stayin FFP ?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Zahore and Gounonungbe can leave right now, Warnock must be p1ssing himself watching those numpties in training
    WE may need these two in the future.It would be interesting to see if Warnock can improve them.Anyway I would not slag them off just yet its not going to help them or us.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    yes probably, its all part of new managers appointment and his terms ,NW is no fool .

Trollope was allowed a certain degree of signings however they did not match the outgoings fee's so we probably balance out ,good work by the transfer committee one might say, perhaps they kept their powder dry , as Trollope was an unknown factor ,and they may well have been proven right ?
    Would these players have come here for Trollope I doubt it. The speed in which he signed them makes me think that this has been on the cards for a while before Warnock actually signed.