+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Trollope Statement

Blue in the Face

Paul Trollope Statement

"I would firstly like to thank Tan Sri Vincent Tan, the Chairman, Board of Directors and CEO for giving me the opportunity to lead Cardiff City.

"I am of course disappointed to be leaving the football club after almost two years, however I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at the club and would like to thank the players and all the staff at the Vale Training Complex and stadium for their hard work, commitment, friendship and support.

"I would also like to thank the fans for the support I received during my time at the club.

"I wish everyone at the football club every success for the rest of the season and the future."

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/l...pe-statement/?

Re: Paul Trollope Statement

Make sure the door doesn't smack you on the arse on your way out

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Make sure the door doesn't smack you on the arse on your way out
    Don't think there is much cause for that. He wasn't up to the manager's job and shouldn't have been hired in that capacity but you can't blame him for going for it.

When he came in first of all to help Slade I think he had a positive impact.

Darling fascist bullyboy,

Give me some more money you bastard.

May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Darling fascist bullyboy,

Give me some more money you bastard.

May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman,
    Paul
    Boom Shanka

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Boom Shanka

Was there need for a statement? In an ideal world he would still be here as first team coach and perhaps Warnock or perhaps another would have entered over the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    He's a coach, and it seems he was very at it , sadly it didnt work for him as a manager, sounded great on paper though. So he gets the chance to try it again at another club, failing that stick to what your good at
    He won't be the first and last coach not to make it ,many more high profile names have fallen before him , good luck to him in his future , I hope Wales give him a slot , he seems a nice lad.

Banned

Trolls was doomed as soon as he took the managers job. Anyone with an ounce of sense could see it coming. The understudy/second in command will never go on and do a better job than the man he replaced. Wasn't even a good effort.

50 K payment ?? ? ? ?

how much do we think it was ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    "I would firstly like to thank Tan Sri Vincent Tan, the Chairman, Board of Directors and CEO for giving me the opportunity to lead Cardiff City.

"I am of course disappointed to be leaving the football club after almost two years, however I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at the club and would like to thank the players and all the staff at the Vale Training Complex and stadium for their hard work, commitment, friendship and support.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Trolls was doomed as soon as he took the managers job. Anyone with an ounce of sense could see it coming. The understudy/second in command will never go on and do a better job than the man he replaced. Wasn't even a good effort.
    And yet, didn't even players insinuate that Slade's 'best' performances were overseen by Trollope?

Maybe he saved Slade's sorry skin for most of the (dull, dull) season?!

BTW, in case of any doubt, we are talking about Russell Slade - as in struggling badly in L1. Loathed already by his 'fans'.

Your hero.
    Says it all.

Give it up now kiddo - we are moving on, and - hopefully - up.

What bollocks are you talking now? Understudy/second in command? Trollope was brought in as coach. Slade was the manager. Trollope was neither assistant manager or understudy.

I would suspect that Slade would have been pretty dreadful as a coach. It's a different job entirely to being manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    And yet, didn't even players insinuate that Slade's 'best' performances were overseen by Trollope?

Maybe he saved Slade's sorry skin for most of the (dull, dull) season?!
    Of course he did. Before Trollope joined, Slade was doing as badly as Solskjaer. In fact, the run of form we were on when Trollope joined was relegation form. That's not to suggest that Trollope should take all the credit, mind, but I reckon we were in freefall and getting more and more likely to go down until he joined.

Banned

Any evidence of that? I'm sure you can find proof to substantiate that statement.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What bollocks are you talking now? Understudy/second in command? Trollope was brought in as coach. Slade was the manager. Trollope was neither assistant manager or understudy.

I would suspect that Slade would have been pretty dreadful as a coach. It's a different job entirely to being manager.
    So who was Understudy/second in command? If it wasn't Trolls who did Slade go to for tactical tips? Don't tell me the painter

Any evidence of that? I'm sure you can find proof to substantiate that statement.
    I think I could . .but damned if I can be bothered!
    We all had the same opportunity to read the same stuff - as and when.
    If you didn't, I'm certainly not going to waste time entertaining your failure to do so now.

In anticipation of you being your usual wriggling WUM-self - others will have read the same, and will recall the same.
    Save yourself from embarrassment in challenging it - just this once.

Or don't - and make a pr1ck of yourself again.
    I bet you choose option 2...

Banned

I think I could . .but damned if I can be bothered!
    I don't think you can. If you can I will leave this MB for a day, now there is an offer no one can refuse
    Last edited by Tandy; 07-10-16 at 20:05.

I don't think you can. If you can I will leave this MB for good, now there is an offer no one can refuse
    OK then ..

I find you quite entertaining. Your offered departure is no incentive.

Banned

OK then ..

I find you quite entertaining. Your offered departure is no incentive.
    So now that we have established the players didn't insinuate that "Slade's 'best' performances were overseen by Trollope"?

Maybe Eric can tell us who would have replaced Slade on the touch line if Slade had been taken ill.

What is it with the culture within the club of thanking Tan Sri Vincent Tan for everything? It sounds so forced.

Bit of an odd one this. I feel no anger towards Trollope, not like Slade and Ole at least.
    Would've loved him to succeed but it just me wasn't to be.
    Have no doubt he's s good coach and will find another job soon.
    All the best to him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Bit of an odd one this. I feel no anger towards Trollope, not like Slade and Ole at least.
    Would've loved him to succeed but it just me wasn't to be.
    Have no doubt he's s good coach and will find another job soon.
    All the best to him.
    Do you feel anger towards Slade? I think he did a decent job under the circumstances, credit where it's due.

The club was correct to move him on but he carried out his remit and the club recognised it by offering him a "job upstairs" rather than the old fashioned sacking 99% of managers get.

So now that we have established the players didn't insinuate that "Slade's 'best' performances were overseen by Trollope"?

Maybe Eric can tell us who would have replaced Slade on the touch line if Slade had been taken ill.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, an insight into the 'workings' of Tandy's mind.

Banned

Ladies and Gentlemen, an insight into the 'workings' of Tandy's mind.
    The difference between my "workings" and your workings is that mine are based on fact where as yours are based on drivel.