+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paul Trollope Statement

Re: Paul Trollope Statement

Disappointed he didn't mention Vincent Alm and the supporters club to be honest

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Disappointed he didn't mention Vincent Alm and the supporters club to be honest
    What have you done for CCFC apart from moan about it?

All sacked managers seem to make a statement via the LMA a few days after they have left. It is now expected and a firm tradition.

Whilst this one doesn't say anything interesting, it is at least respectful and maintains relationships with the club and fans.

Di Matteo's statement was more interesting but also burnt the boats. To paraphrase: I have done all the hard work to assemble a fantastic squad, and now some other lucky chuff is going to get the benefit. And by the way, if Villa don't go up it's because the idiots sacked me!

Anyway, good luck to Paul Trollope in his future career. He seemed to me to be a good, intelligent coach but with some weaknesses as a manager that got exposed very quickly when team confidence dropped. It didn't work out but not for any lack of effort on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Trolls was doomed as soon as he took the managers job. Anyone with an ounce of sense could see it coming. The understudy/second in command will never go on and do a better job than the man he replaced. Wasn't even a good effort.
    Actually, let's assume you're right and Trollope was Slade's "understudy". This season will have demonstrated how much the "apprentice" learned from the master. Perhaps you are right. The reason Trollope was clueless as manager was due to his mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    What have you done for CCFC apart from moan about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Do you feel anger towards Slade? I think he did a decent job under the circumstances, credit where it's due.

The club was correct to move him on but he carried out his remit and the club recognised it by offering him a "job upstairs" rather than the old fashioned sacking 99% of managers get.
    I think you're right, frustration may be the word to use for Slade rather than anger, definitely anger for Ole though.