+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should we have heated seats at the stadium?

Should we have heated seats at the stadium?

I've long thought that there was a gap in the market for a section of heated seats at the stadium, for those of us who feel the cold more in the depths of the harsh winter months. I know that some purists will p*** themselves laughing at this suggestion and retort 'what's the matter with Bovril!' But I ask you, when does anyone ever drink Bovril outside of a football stadium? It's vile, obnoxious, and like soccer thugs and hooliganism, should be consigned to the historical dustbin of yesteryear.

No, as far as I'm concerned a heated seat section is long long overdue, as it would provide much needed relief for the poor stewards who have to admonish people from standing at moments of high drama and excitement during home games. After all who in their right mind wants to remove their arse from a nice warm heated seat, to cheer some pimply teenager on the pitch, who in all probability will be driving home his Bentley that day complete with his heated seat turned on and up to maximum comfort level?

Re: Should we have heated seats at the stadium?

You're trying way to hard.

What's the matter not getting enough attention over on the politics forum?

Stand up if your seat's too hot
    Stand up if your seat's too hot...

There.

Two replies.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    You're trying way to hard.

What's the matter not getting enough attention over on the politics forum?
    SD involved in another heated debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    SD involved in another heated debate.

Didn't Chelsea pioneer something like this when they built that big stand of theirs back in the 70's - I don't think it was actually heated seats they tried but something about warm air blown up and circulated around that stand, if my memory serves me correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Didn't Chelsea pioneer something like this when they built that big stand of theirs back in the 70's - I don't think it was actually heated seats they tried but something about warm air blown up and circulated around that stand, if my memory serves me correct?

What's that Dutch stadium, with the heater in the roof. ?

We lost 7-1 there I think.

I like Bovril.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I like Bovril.
    It's made by Zionists.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's made by Zionists.
    I didn't know that until just now. Unilever, eh? Well that's the end of a beautiful friendship between Bovril and me.

Is Marmite still OK?

I didn't know that until just now. Unilever, eh? Well that's the end of a beautiful friendship between Bovril and me.

Is Marmite still OK?
    Marmite funds middle eastern spy satellites.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Marmite funds middle eastern spy satellites.
    Just seen Marmite owned by Unilever since 2000

I can boycott Bovril - but life without Marmite isn't possible. I'll check with the PSC and try to get an exemption. Should be OK if I don't buy it from Sainsburys or Tesco?

I can boycott Bovril - but life without Marmite isn't possible. I'll check with the PSC and try to get an exemption. Should be OK if I don't buy it from Sainsburys or Tesco?
    UNILEVER (LON: ULVR or NYSE: UL) is the parent company of Beigel and Beigel, which has a
    plant in the Barkan Industrial Zone in the West Bank settlement of Barkan. Please note: On
    Monday, December 1, 2008, Unilever announced that it would sell its interest in Beigel & Beigel.
    Once this is accomplished, Unilever should be removed from this list. As of September, 2009,
    this sale had not taken place.

http://www.interfaithpeaceinitiative.com/profiting.pdf

Is Marmite still OK?
    I wrote it in jest, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    What's that Dutch stadium, with the heater in the roof. ?

We lost 7-1 there I think.
    Einhoven 96 I remember it well.

Dutch fans clapped the Welsh fans at the end we were in fine voice that night.
    I think I'm right in saying that Vinny Jones (who incidentally is on Soccer AM this morning) captained us that night

No it is part of the deal.

Paying £20 + to sit on horribly uncomfortable plastic seats. Then running into the concourse at half time like penguins for heat. Watching awful football. Then queuing for quite a while to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post
    I've long thought that there was a gap in the market for a section of heated seats at the stadium, for those of us who feel the cold more in the depths of the harsh winter months. I know that some purists will p*** themselves laughing at this suggestion and retort 'what's the matter with Bovril!' But I ask you, when does anyone ever drink Bovril outside of a football stadium? It's vile, obnoxious, and like soccer thugs and hooliganism, should be consigned to the historical dustbin of yesteryear.

No, as far as I'm concerned a heated seat section is long long overdue, as it would provide much needed relief for the poor stewards who have to admonish people from standing at moments of high drama and excitement during home games. After all who in their right mind wants to remove their arse from a nice warm heated seat, to cheer some pimply teenager on the pitch, who in all probability will be driving home his Bentley that day complete with his heated seat turned on and up to maximum comfort level?
    Mine is from a self supported gas flow service , with careful positioned air pocket trapping and holding in powerful warm gases ,that are then held within my underpants, before final release and share around the immediate area. .
    Last edited by life on mars; 08-10-16 at 11:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Yeah, the West stand at Chelsea has heaters under the roof. Once went to a midweek Champions League game on a freezing cold night there and was bloody baking.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    No it is part of the deal.

Paying £20 + to sit on horribly uncomfortable plastic seats. Then running into the concourse at half time like penguins for heat. Watching awful football. Then queuing for quite a while to leave.
    Call me old fashioned but I find a hat, coat, pair of gloves and thermal underwear suffices. At tot of Courvoisier in a flask might also help the blood flow on the extra cold nights

UNILEVER (LON: ULVR or NYSE: UL) is the parent company of Beigel and Beigel, which has a
    plant in the Barkan Industrial Zone in the West Bank settlement of Barkan. Please note: On
    Monday, December 1, 2008, Unilever announced that it would sell its interest in Beigel & Beigel.
    Once this is accomplished, Unilever should be removed from this list. As of September, 2009,
    this sale had not taken place.

http://www.interfaithpeaceinitiative.com/profiting.pdf

I love Marmite on a Beigel .

Banned

I thought you went to the opening game at the ccs,fell out with a steward and haven't been since?

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    I thought you went to the opening game at the ccs,fell out with a steward and haven't been since?
    Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    You pompous self important twat
    Now that's not the way to win friends and influence people is it?

Banned

Now that's not the way to win friends and influence people is it?

I thought it was a question even you could answer,obviously not.

Some people are already full of hot air

What about vegemite? The third way.