+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Off topic Music ...Honest opinions neede

Off topic Music ...Honest opinions neede

My sons music.....

Please give it a couple of listens and let me know if it is bad or good.
    Thanks if you bother

https://soundcloud.com/astral-cloud-...ng-in-a-bubble

Whole album up on Spotify and you can follow them there.
    Thanks

Re: Off topic Music ...Honest opinions neede

To be Honest....it's like something that I've heard before same old same old.
    I believe they were trying to say something through the Lyrics though and that's really important.

Honest opinion it sounds dated and would struggle to get airplay, the Mockney vocals doesn't help either and it sounds like something from 20 years ago. Wish them the best though, at least they're writing their own stuff.

I liked it The 80's sound is very much in vogue at the moment, and it's not mean't to appeal to old geezers on a football message board who were probably there in the 80's the first time it came around

Actually when the intro started, I thought I was going to be in for a bit of a Flock Of Seagulls-esque treat, but alas it ever happened

I've also noticed a lot of people using affected vocal styles in Britain, Ed Sheeran & Co. have a lot to answer for!

It's not very original but that's not really a problem. I think it's perfectly adequate and very well executed. My only criticism would be that the lyrics and vocals are a bit clumsy, self-conscious and sophomoric. I'd tell whoever writes the lyrics and sings the vocals to back-off a little and just have fun.

How old are these boys?

Thanks a million to all four of you for listening. Really appreciated.
    Like it or loathe it NO exposure of music is disadvantageous.
    It's an American style of music I think.

Really not too bad. My constructive criticism would be to change the guitar a bit during the song. It feels like the sustain thing is happening pretty much throughout which can be tiring (and drops out suddenly at 0.38 making the verse sound very empty). The song needs to go somewhere - listen to 0.15 and 3.10 and there's very little difference. By this point things should have developed, maybe a harmony guitar line or something is needed. But lots of potential.

As for the vocals, it reminded me a bit of the verses of Blink 182's I Miss You for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Really not too bad. My constructive criticism would be to change the guitar a bit during the song. It feels like the sustain thing is happening pretty much throughout which can be tiring (and drops out suddenly at 0.38 making the verse sound very empty). The song needs to go somewhere - listen to 0.15 and 3.10 and there's very little difference. By this point things should have developed, maybe a harmony guitar line or something is needed. But lots of potential.

As for the vocals, it reminded me a bit of the verses of Blink 182's I Miss You for some reason.
    Thanks Lardy. It's a finished product but your comments are helpful.
    Interesting observation again as my son is big Blink fan.

Pretty good, the music is enjoyable and catchy although I'd agree with others who have posted that the lyrics could be improved

Pretty good