+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alun cairns on question time

Alun cairns on question time

I assume everyone has seen his little outburst. What are the thoughts on it?

Re: Alun cairns on question time

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    Never watch it as it's just an orchestrated pantomime for adults with hard of thinking problems.

I didn't watch it but I have just looked at the clip. I hate all of them. But what I hate most is the "That is absolutely outrageous" comment used by people who might have been slightly offended or even not offended at all. It's just hyperbole and posturing. If someone breaks into your house, pisses on your carpets and sexually assaults your pets then that is "absolutely outrageous".

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post
    Never watch it as it's just an orchestrated pantomime for adults with hard of thinking problems.
    Nah it is for people civil and open enough to discuss issues.

We've had a government suggest immigration policies that UKIP MEP's have said is 90% UKIP and 10% too right-wing.
    We've had the Alun Cairns (in his position of responsibility) try to use something which many would see as a negative moment in history to attack his opposition in, baseless or not, a crude and anti-Welsh statement.

In response the Welsh conservatives have tried "yeah, but labour are still arguing over Corbyn so they should shut-up".

This after the only time David Cameron really mentioned Wales in his tenure was trying to make people scared to use the NHS, which may have cost lives.
    May in turn seems to be trying to make the Tory party the English party and win votes that way.

Storm in a teacup, it really is nothing. He made a good point about Plaid Cymru squawking about English immigration into Welsh speaking communities but I do agree it was regrettable to link Plaid with the cottage burnings. Calls for resign are pathetic.

The real issue to me is Leanne Wood slagging off Welsh public services all the time whilst propping up a Labour government and never holding the ***** to account adequately over the past 17 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    Storm in a teacup, it really is nothing. He made a good point about Plaid Cymru squawking about English immigration into Welsh speaking communities but I do agree it was regrettable to link Plaid with the cottage burnings. Calls for resign are pathetic.

The real issue to me is Leanne Wood slagging off Welsh public services all the time whilst propping up a Labour government and never holding the ***** to account adequately over the past 17 years or so.
    Leanne asked for something to back up the 'anti English, Welsh speaking areas' thing. Seems cairns had nothing. It's a stick used to beat plaid with no fact behind it, which is exactly why cairns couldn't think of anything when questioned on it.
    Plaid don't prop up labour atm.. In fact, they've only done it once in 5 assemblies.

Leanne asked for something to back up the 'anti English, Welsh speaking areas' thing. Seems cairns had nothing. It's a stick used to beat plaid with no fact behind it, which is exactly why cairns couldn't think of anything when questioned on it.
    Plaid don't prop up labour atm.. In fact, they've only done it once in 5 assemblies.
    Thought they were all bad, the audience were very one sided , shocked to learn that Leanne doesn't speak welsh, i just doesn't know who I will vote for anymore , no policy , no direction , no vision .

Oh come on Tommy if Labour fell short of forming a majority and they offered Plaid a coalition we both know Leanne would take the bait. Plaid Cymru want to change planning laws which will see "the impact on the Welsh language" being one of the considerations in allowing much needed new housing being built. This law will be used to stop housing being built in Welsh speaking areas essentially in order to stop inward migration.

Oh come on Tommy if Labour fell short of forming a majority and they offered Plaid a coalition we both know Leanne would take the bait. Plaid Cymru want to change planning laws which will see "the impact on the Welsh language" being one of the considerations in allowing much needed new housing being built. This law will be used to stop housing being built in Welsh speaking areas essentially in order to stop inward migration.
    how do we know this? you're making assumptions with nothing behind them.

on your second point, I haven't seen this change attempt. Do you have the link? would like to read about it

how do we know this? you're making assumptions with nothing behind them.

on your second point, I haven't seen this change attempt. Do you have the link? would like to read about it
    http://www.rtpi.org.uk/briefing-room...s-into-action/

Tommy, it's not assumptions it's based on history. If Plaid are in a position to help Labour 9 times out of ten they do so to the detriment of the rest of us.

http://www.rtpi.org.uk/briefing-room...s-into-action/

Tommy, it's not assumptions it's based on history. If Plaid are in a position to help Labour 9 times out of ten they do so to the detriment of the rest of us.
    1) the party has a new leader. They are not looking to join with labour, they're looking to be the alternative.
    2) there isn't a single mention of plaid in that entire piece you gave me. Not only that, but the planning act was passed by a labour government. Not a plaid one.

Ethnic cleansing the Welsh way: A militant nationalist group has given 19 English families an ultimatum: leave Wales by 1 March or be burned out.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...n-1471584.html

Ethnic cleansing the Welsh way: A militant nationalist group has given 19 English families an ultimatum: leave Wales by 1 March or be burned out.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...n-1471584.html
    yeah that's what Cairns was referring to. Could you please find the link between that and plaid cymru for me?

"The Welsh language community, like every other national community, is
    a series of overlapping groups, and some of these overlap with the non-Welsh-speaking
    Welsh.

There are members of Plaid Cymru who deplore
    the direct action of the Welsh Language Society, and there are others
    who approve it. The Welsh Language Society itself deplores violence, yet
    its members collected money for the families of the two men who died
    in the Abergele explosion."

http://archif.cymdeithas.cymru/dadlw...-extremist.pdf

yeah that's what Cairns was referring to. Could you please find the link between that and plaid cymru for me?
    "One shouldn't forget that Plaid Cymru sent an official delegation to meet Adolf Hitler in Germany during the summer of 1940 to secure his support for a Vichy-style Welsh state in exchange for supporting a Nazi invasion of the rest of Britain. Whatever one's views about Welsh nationalism, Plaid's actions at a time when Britain was fighting for survival was an act of treachery against the Welsh people. Had Hitler given Plaid his blessing for their proposal, Plaid would have certainly deported Welsh Jews to foreign death camps."

http://conservativemindblog.blogspot...i-germany.html

https://welshpoliticalhistory.wordpr...leaning-party/

"One shouldn't forget that Plaid Cymru sent an official delegation to meet Adolf Hitler in Germany during the summer of 1940 to secure his support for a Vichy-style Welsh state in exchange for supporting a Nazi invasion of the rest of Britain. Whatever one's views about Welsh nationalism, Plaid's actions at a time when Britain was fighting for survival was an act of treachery against the Welsh people. Had Hitler given Plaid his blessing for their proposal, Plaid would have certainly deported Welsh Jews to foreign death camps."

http://conservativemindblog.blogspot...i-germany.html
    I wonder if there is any other motive for tarring plaid as extremists from a page called 'conservativemindblog'? looks to me as if you've found Alun cairns' personal page.

To add to that, your last link claims it's 'debunked' that claim of being pals with the extremists. Did you even read it?

It's an odd one with you. i could ask you anything and you'll come back with something completely different.
    So far you've not come up with a single fact to back anything up.

I wonder if there is any other motive for tarring plaid as extremists from a page called 'conservativemindblog'? looks to me as if you've found Alun cairns' personal page.

To add to that, your last link claims it's 'debunked' that claim of being pals with the extremists. Did you even read it?

It's an odd one with you. i could ask you anything and you'll come back with something completely different.
    If you wish to deny the history of some members of Plaid Cymru then that is up to you. It's well known and well documented. You could try using your own resources and look it up for yourself.

You can speculate or simply do the research. What you cannot do is pick and choose which aspects of history others should know about.

I have read a lot on the subject, in answer to your question and I have no problem with presenting articles with countervailing views, in the interests of balance.

Sorry I didn't realise that you were reading impaired. Silly me.

Try getting someone to actually read you the links that you asked me for, it so much easier than just staring blankly at words wondering in vain, what they mean.

"The night before the Investiture of the Prince of Wales on 1st July 1969,
    two young Welshmen blew themselves up, presumably by accident, while
    laying an explosive charge at Government offices in Abergele."

If you wish to deny the history of some members of Plaid Cymru then that is up to you. It's well known and well documented. You could try using your own resources and look it up for yourself.

You can speculate or simply do the research. What you cannot do is pick and choose which aspects of history others should know about.

I have read a lot on the subject, in answer to your question and I have no problem with presenting articles with countervailing views, in the interests of balance.
    so well documented that you can't find any evidence about it?

Sorry I didn't realise that you were reading impaired. Silly me.

Try getting someone to actually read you the links that you asked me for, it so much easier than just staring blankly at words wondering in vain, what they mean.

"The night before the Investiture of the Prince of Wales on 1st July 1969,
    two young Welshmen blew themselves up, presumably by accident, while
    laying an explosive charge at Government offices in Abergele."
    once again, please provide evidence linking these people to plaid cymru

They found evidence of their body parts all over Abergale.

Henry VII was welsh

Henry VII was welsh
    You've not heard of Saunders Lewis, one of the founders of Plaid Cymru?

Got nine months for terrorist attack on an RAF base.