+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT: Wales 1 - 1 Georgia

Re: Latest: Wales 1 - 1 Georgia

Fair result but very disappointing.

Georgia look like a very good team.

He's not alone. Not one of them could pass water. Absolutely dire.

I posted twice before the game (once in the Scotland thread) that there are times when the fans really need to step up and this game was it. No matter what we did in the Euros we are not yet good enough side to show up no matter who is missing and expect to win games - we all have a role to play and we have to put a shift in. Sadly, there was a 15 minute spell at the end of the first half where the players were flat, the crowd was flat and Georgia noticeably grew in confidence.

Remember that before we beat Belgium at home the line was along the lines of "we went to the end of the wire and prevailed". We have to stay together and stay positive because there will be times when we're not good enough and sheer want and believe will see us over the line.

TOBW (I think) posted when commenting on the group that Georgia are probably the best of their ranking in any group, and they deserved to take a point of Ireland. I reckon they'll take points off others, we have to make sure it's not us again, but we still have as much of chance in this groups as any other. All that's happened is we need an Israel or Cyprus away like performance against Serbia and/or Ireland, and to achieve that we still need to be "together stronger".

C'mon Wales!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    We should be behind. This is a shame to watch after everything this team has done in recent times.
    Bit of perspective. This Georgia team beat Spain last June...away from home. They are obviously capable. No Rambo/Allen = no creativity in midfield= no goals. That's just the way it is for us.

We need to learn to keep our shape after we concede. Whenever we have been pegged back or gone a goal down we have been seen to panic.

With Rambo/Allen/Ramsey we are a top 20 team in the world. Without them we are a top 50 team, if that. I don't see that as a shame or dissapointing, it's just the reality of the situation. If we manage to play all three for the remaining matches we could probably beat all the others home and away. If not, it'll be tighter.

Re: FT: Wales 1 - 1 Georgia

Sam Vokes is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Sam Vokes is garbage.
    He played well in the first half. No Welsh player in this squad is garbage and while there are those more limited than others I don't believe Vokes is that.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    He played well in the first half. No Welsh player in this squad is garbage and while there are those more limited than others I don't believe Vokes is that.
    Winning headers.

He can barely dribble with the ball.

It's like watching a cow trying to tie its shoes.

I'd rather Bradshaw was given a shot. Even if he is in League one.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Winning headers.

He can barely dribble with the ball.

It's like watching a cow trying to tie its shoes.

I'd rather Bradshaw was given a shot. Even if he is in League one.
    He got a move over the summer. Believe he's at Barnsley now but is not yet a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Bit of perspective. This Georgia team beat Spain last June...away from home. They are obviously capable. No Rambo/Allen = no creativity in midfield= no goals. That's just the way it is for us.

We need to learn to keep our shape after we concede. Whenever we have been pegged back or gone a goal down we have been seen to panic.

With Rambo/Allen/Ramsey we are a top 20 team in the world. Without them we are a top 50 team, if that. I don't see that as a shame or dissapointing, it's just the reality of the situation. If we manage to play all three for the remaining matches we could probably beat all the others home and away. If not, it'll be tighter.
    Spot on with the top 20 / top 50 side statement. It's what comes from having such a small pool of players and why we've always struggled internationally.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

Two Ramseys would be amzing.