+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Amazon Echo

Blue in the Face

Amazon Echo

Has anyone bought one of these? Are they worth it?

I used to have a Sonos system which I think are a bit of a con as all they need to work is blutooth. I used it for music, radio and audiobooks, but then the audiobook function stopped working. The tech just ring fences apps that it is set up with rather than just just be able to bluetooth any audio from a laptop/phone into the system.

Is Amazon Echo any better? It seems to have more funtions for sure...

Re: Amazon Echo

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Has anyone bought one of these? Are they worth it?

I used to have a Sonos system which I think are a bit of a con as all they need to work is blutooth. I used it for music, radio and audiobooks, but then the audiobook function stopped working. The tech just ring fences apps that it is set up with rather than just just be able to bluetooth any audio from a laptop/phone into the system.

Is Amazon Echo any better? It seems to have more funtions for sure...

Any idea on wattage and deep base? Ive always had Bose mini speakers. But switched to one from Amazon called taotronics (for anybody looking for a cheap single speaker I believe this sounds better than Bose for £40!) But I fear getting these echo's set up around the house may be worthless if the quality isn't up to it.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by dave jones attacking sub View Post
    Any idea on wattage and deep base? Ive always had Bose mini speakers. But switched to one from Amazon called taotronics (for anybody looking for a cheap single speaker I believe this sounds better than Bose for £40!) But I fear getting these echo's set up around the house may be worthless if the quality isn't up to it.
    This is one of my questions. With the Songs systems there are different set ups you can buy. I think the "Amazon Dot" (similar to echo) has an audio output where you can connect to other speakers...

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-i...-of-your-home/

I cant help but think I would feel a bit of a knob shouting "Hi Alexa" all the time. There is a google one coming soon which has a screen so less talking to the electronics!

You want a Naim Muso Qb - astounding sound quality and small enough to put anywhere

Get a Harmon Kardon studio 2

Banging Bruv banging

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    I cant help but think I would feel a bit of a knob shouting "Hi Alexa" all the time. There is a google one coming soon which has a screen so less talking to the electronics!
    True. The idea does make me cringe. But I wonder if the extras in terms outside of the audio stuff are actually something one needs or even wants?

This is clearly a small step towards "smart houses" and even "smart cities". I'm not sure if I want to be even more hooked into tech any more than I already am.

I'll look into the Harmon Kardon and Naim Muso. Thanks!