+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Slowed down or speeded up, the Welsh national anthem should be scrapped altogether.

Re: Slowed down or speeded up, the Welsh national anthem should be scrapped altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post
    "Only two areas of Wales are now majority Welsh speaking – Anglesey and Gwynedd. The country’s population is increasing but the number of Welsh speakers is decreasing, according to census data, from 582,000 in 2001 to 562,000 in 2011. A real terms decrease of about two per cent. This wouldn’t be an issue if hundreds of millions of pounds weren’t being blindly ploughed into the language. A devoted TV channel and radio stations, teaching at every level of the education system and the provision of bilingual resources from road signs to letter heads. Swathes of the Welsh population live in poverty, though. The country receives around £2.2bn a year from the EU for this reason. So why throw an otherwise enormously useful resource for lifting a nation out of poverty into the sewer of the Welsh language?

The situation is so bad anyone with an ounce of talent or ambition starts to formulate their escape plan from the first time they hear “Heno heno hen blant bach”. Look at the pantheon of Welsh heroes. Catherine Zeta Jones, Tom Jones and Christian Bale. Will they die in Pontypridd along with their language? No, because they’re in LA.

Let Angharad and Bryn bitch to their hearts’ content, but don’t throw money onto the pyre.

@olidugmore"
    I suspect you'll find that those people live where they live because that's where the largest (western) movie/entertainment industry is

Re: Slowed down or speeded up, the Welsh national anthem should be scrapped altogether.

It's schoolboy stuff sonny.

Frog spawn would have come up with more topics to discuss in the same period. Hell I could have given a laptop to a chimp in Bristol Zoo and had more topics and better debates with in the same period of time that you've had to make a contribution on here. Do you think maybe the Political Forum is just not for you?
    You effectively bring nothing to this forum. We all know your stand points.

Same shit, different day.

I could have told the forum you would brown nose russia before you started to defend them killing women, children, families and the injured.

Have a sit back and consider if you really are so morally upstanding. You have the least neutral set of opinions on here.

Most on here would accept the west have carried out war crimes. But you seem to think the sun shines of the mullahs etc arse. Even after they've hanged gays from cranes.

You create the most boring threads. But they get a reaction. Like those 15 year old dweebs with 20k twitter followers spreading white supremacy.

I don't want to follow you around complaining about your posts. But they are so boring.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 12-10-16 at 08:14.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    You effectively bring nothing to this forum. We all know your stand points.

Same shit, different day.

I could have told the forum you would brown nose russia before you started to defend them killing women, children, families and the injured.

You create the most boring threads. But they get a reaction. Like those 15 year old dweebs with 20k twitter followers spreading white supremacy with their little anime profile pictures.

In Splottys defence, he does make up some hilarious bullshit stories from time to time.

Who can forget his classic 'two flobbers on a bus' routine.

He's like billy connolly.

Without the warmth and humour.

Eric, it's highly subsidised nonsense. A folly pushed by a minority of demented nationalists.

No one in the non-Welsh speaking parts of Wales i.e. the majority of the population, are remotely interested in it. You can't reinvent a medieval Celtic culture and expect millions in Wales to just fall into line and support it. It's completely divisive.
    Welsh medium education is in such high demand that they're running out of teachers, and offering silly money to get them in.

It would seem, as usual, that you're talking shit

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    Welsh medium education is in such high demand that they're running out of teachers, and offering silly money to get them in.

Forcing a tribal language down the throats of children is not going to make for a viable future economy in Wales.

Face it the language is in intensive care (every survey shows the crisis and decline of Welsh) and being kept on a drip feed of taxpayer's money, money that could be better used in areas of real need.

Forcing a tribal language down the throats of children is not going to make for a viable future economy in Wales.

Face it the language is in intensive care (every survey shows the crisis and decline of Welsh) and being kept on a drip feed of taxpayer's money, money that could be better used in areas of real need.
    Says the man forcing his opinions on everyone else.....

Do you believe that education should be solely linked to economics then?
    Shall we scrap history lessons? Or English literature?

Sure, PART of the need for education is to prepare children for work but it is also to teach culture and broaden young minds.

You've made your position very clear on the issues that are important to, and I suspect nothing that anyone says or does on here is going to change that fact.

The situation is so bad anyone with an ounce of talent or ambition starts to formulate their escape plan from the first time they hear “Heno heno hen blant bach”. Look at the pantheon of Welsh heroes. Catherine Zeta Jones, Tom Jones and Christian Bale. Will they die in Pontypridd along with their language? No, because they’re in LA.

Yeah, that's probably what gave them the motivation. Begs the question, why are you still here?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

Yeah, that's probably what gave them the motivation. Begs the question, why are you still here?
    Retired, after a 30 year career in London, Former Soviet Union countries and the Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Says the man forcing his opinions on everyone else.....

Do you believe that education should be solely linked to economics then?
    Shall we scrap history lessons? Or English literature?

Sure, PART of the need for education is to prepare children for work but it is also to teach culture and broaden young minds.

You've made your position very clear on the issues that are important to, and I suspect nothing that anyone says or does on here is going to change that fact.
    Nothing is forced TH63, it is for others to agree or not as they see fit. I never object to countervailing views and opinions as far as subjects and topics go.

All political forums are going to get completely polarised points of views.

Nothing is forced TH63, it is for others to agree or not as they see fit. I never object to countervailing views and opinions as far as subjects and topics go.

All political forums are going to get completely polarised points of views.
    Agreed.

But you seem to be the main protagonist. And pretty much on the same two topics over and over again.

Less is more my friend.

Retired, after a 30 year career in London, Former Soviet Union countries and the Middle East.

So why retire in Wales?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Agreed.

But you seem to be the main protagonist. And pretty much on the same two topics over and over again.

Less is more my friend.
    Really? I just float some articles along with my own views on issues. I'm not responsible for the responses to those.

If I see something that does not interest me I just ignore it, rather than respond just for the sake of it.

I don't feel compelled to respond to everything that I read on here or the main message board.

So why retire in Wales?
    Lovely countryside and overwhelmingly English speaking?

Lovely countryside and overwhelmingly English speaking?
    So it's just the ones with an ounce of talent and ambition who live out the rest of their lives outside of Wales. Gotcha.

So it's just the ones with an ounce of talent and ambition who live out the rest of their lives outside of Wales. Gotcha.
    With his twitter posse changing the world sitting in their pants on the interweb.

Even though every single thing they say will be forgotten as words are not actions.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post

by virtue of demand, there is nothing being forced. just because you don't like it, doesn't mean the (vast) majority of people can't disagree

Eric, do you have a penchant for the dramatic? Or are you congenitally unable to read posts and understand the arguments contained therein?
    No, I think you are saying we should do away with the Welsh language, without actually saying it. You can spend hours bumping your gums about this issue, saying this is wrong, this is forced, dying language, tribal language, no-one uses it, etc etc. We know you harbor a desire to get rid of the Welsh language but you don't seem to want to say that, yet when I ask if it's then ok for Welsh speakers to use it, you don't seem to think so.

Should the Welsh language be kicked into touch? Yes or no? We know your answer, I'm just curious as to whether you have the balls to say so, instead of hiding behind insidious comments.

Clever stuff. An anecdotal experience enables the 'flob' debate to be introduced yet again.