+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slowed down or speeded up, the Welsh national anthem should be scrapped altogether.

Re: Slowed down or speeded up, the Welsh national anthem should be scrapped altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It is completely and morally wrong to suggest that people in Wales shouldn't be able to speak in Welsh. Whether or not the person listening can understand is a different matter.
    Nonsense Eric, it goes to the very heart of the problem, with activists and former cottage burners, trying to foist a medieval tribal language that was used by a bunch of poorly educated illiterate villagers onto nearly three million people in modern day Wales.

The responsibility for communication lies with the person who is the communicator. We have no Welsh speaking monoglots in Wales, they all understand English.

Re: Slowed down or speeded up, the Welsh national anthem should be scrapped altogether.

double post

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post
    My argument was made in the original post. Read the chronology of the thread correctly please. The comment about castles came after my response not before it.
    You're surely not serious?
    Gabalphaville did bring up the subject of castles to which you, bizarrely, mentioned that Henry VII was Welsh.

Posted yesterday at 17.20
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabalphaville View Post
    Do you the think the Welsh invited the English to rule over them? And do you think the English built a bunch of castles because they thought they'd look aesthetically pleasing in the future?
    Posted yesterday at 21.02
    Henry VII was Welsh.
    And round and round we go......
    Last edited by TH63; 11-10-16 at 09:37.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    You're surely not serious?
    Gabalphaville did bring up the subject of castles to which you, bizarrely, mentioned that Henry VII was Welsh.

Posted yesterday at 17.20

Posted yesterday at 21.02

And round and round we go......
    You omitted again. What have I always said about omission?
    I responded to this statement:

"Do you the think the Welsh invited the English to rule over them?"

Henry VII was Welsh.

Henry VII was Welsh.
    What bit of "HE WAS BORN 200 YEARS AFTER THE ENGLISH CONQUERED WALES" are you struggling with?

Henry VII was Welsh.

There we go then.

Splott wins again.

He's always right.

Even when he's wrong.

End of thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    What bit of "HE WAS BORN 200 YEARS AFTER THE ENGLISH CONQUERED WALES" are you struggling with?
    You're wrong.

He's right.

Something about Jews.

Learn to debate.

Straw man.

Whataboutery.

Etc.

Etc.

Sausages

Nonsense Eric, it goes to the very heart of the problem, with activists and former cottage burners, trying to foist a medieval tribal language that was used by a bunch of poorly educated illiterate villagers onto nearly three million people in modern day Wales.

The responsibility for communication lies with the person who is the communicator. We have no Welsh speaking monoglots in Wales, they all understand English.
    Arabic was formed by barely literate tribal people.

As were most asian languages.

Look up the make up of Pakistan:

Punjabi 48%, Sindhi 12%, Siraiki (a Punjabi variant) 10%, Pashtu 8%, Balochi 3%, Hindko 2%, Brahui 1%, Burushaski, and other 8%

Should they all just call it day on their different variaties and speak punjabi?.

I don't see why there is a need to wash over history. To kill a language as if it never existed.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Arabic was formed by barely literate tribal people.

As were most asian languages.

Look up the make up of Pakistan:

Punjabi 48%, Sindhi 12%, Siraiki (a Punjabi variant) 10%, Pashtu 8%, Balochi 3%, Hindko 2%, Brahui 1%, Burushaski, and other 8%

Should they all just call it day on their different variaties and speak punjabi?.

I don't see why there is a need to wash over history. To kill a language as if it never existed.
    You do realise that Splott once stood behind someone from Pakistan in a queue at the post office.

Prepare to be educated young man.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    You do realise that Splott once stood behind someone from Pakistan in a queue at the post office.

and it's these posts that make me question whether you're a troll or not

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    and it's these posts that make me question whether you're a troll or not
    Question a way all you like I have a perfectly legitimate political view on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

It never ceases to amaze me how posters will respond to threads on here by doing everything that they possibly can to avoid addressing the actual topic that was initially posted.

It never ceases to amaze me how posters will respond to threads on here by doing everything that they possibly can to avoid addressing the actual topic that was initially posted.
    Don't be so hard on yourself Dai.

Was there anything in paragraphs 2 to 55 of the OP that were about the anthem?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The anthem is symbolic of the absurdity of foisting a medieval Celtic tribal language onto people in the modern era, when 85% of them cannot read, speak or write in Welsh.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    no

What would you replace the Welsh national anthem with SD?

He's a royalist so probably GSTQ.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Seriously? Feck. So he doesn't mind having an unelected, undemocratic, institution foisted on us then? That's interesting.

Seriously? Feck. So he doesn't mind having an unelected, undemocratic, institution foisted on us then? That's interesting.
    It's always a case of do as I say not as I do with Splotty.

Anything off the Thin Lizzy, Live and Dangerous album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPnyOs8buXw

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Trublue, if I need you to speak on my behalf I'll let you know. But seeing as so far you seem incapable of putting any topics of your own on the political forum, I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you son.

You and a few other online clowns seem more preoccupied with attacking posters, than contributing on topics or issues with posts of your own.

The anthem is symbolic of the absurdity of foisting a medieval Celtic tribal language onto people in the modern era, when 85% of them cannot read, speak or write in Welsh.
    You clearly aren't responding to my comments. You never have directly answered my questions actually. Too scared to admit what you stand for is garbage? And that there are contradictions left right and centre?

hmmmmm

Anyway:

foist
    past tense: foisted; past participle: foisted
    impose an unwelcome or unnecessary person or thing on.

I think you'll find the vast majority of welsh people are happy with the current set up.