+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slowed down or speeded up, the Welsh national anthem should be scrapped altogether.

Re: Slowed down or speeded up, the Welsh national anthem should be scrapped altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post
    Anything off the Thin Lizzy, Live and Dangerous album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPnyOs8buXw
    Without doubt best post you've ever written SD I salute your good taste in This matter 👍👍👍🎸🎸

Re: Slowed down or speeded up, the Welsh national anthem should be scrapped altogether.

As Kenwyne says above, many Welsh people are passionate about our anthem.

I can accept that splotty doesn't like it, but he's a lone voice imho, evidenced by how thousands of us spontaneously sing it during a game.

It is a celebration of our history, our culture and our language.

If nobody bothered singing it, maybe he'd have a point, but until then "bydded i'r hen iaith barhau"

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Without doubt best post you've ever written SD I salute your good taste in This matter 👍👍👍🎸🎸
    Limehouse Lizzy playing Barry on Saturday night in case anyone is interested

http://www.limehouselizzy.co.uk/tour...ABUY+ONLINE%2A

Nonsense Eric, it goes to the very heart of the problem, with activists and former cottage burners, trying to foist a medieval tribal language that was used by a bunch of poorly educated illiterate villagers onto nearly three million people in modern day Wales.

The responsibility for communication lies with the person who is the communicator. We have no Welsh speaking monoglots in Wales, they all understand English.
    So are you suggesting that Welsh speakers shouldn't be allowed to speak Welsh? Surely that is a breach of a fundamental human right? Censorship, whatever you want to call it.

You cannot impose a situation whereby Welsh speakers are not allowed to speak Welsh, no more than you can impose a situation whereby non Welsh speakers have to understand Welsh. A Welsh speaker would be perfectly entitled to talk to me in Welsh if they desire. The fact I won't understand half of it might just change the situation if that person wants me to understand them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabalphaville View Post
    What would you replace the Welsh national anthem with SD?
    Sospan Fach or Calon Lan.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So are you suggesting that Welsh speakers shouldn't be allowed to speak Welsh? Surely that is a breach of a fundamental human right? Censorship, whatever you want to call it.

You cannot impose a situation whereby Welsh speakers are not allowed to speak Welsh, no more than you can impose a situation whereby non Welsh speakers have to understand Welsh. A Welsh speaker would be perfectly entitled to talk to me in Welsh if they desire. The fact I won't understand half of it might just change the situation if that person wants me to understand them.
    Which part of the responsibility for communication lies with the communicator did you fail to understand?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gabalphaville View Post
    What would you replace the Welsh national anthem with SD?

Throw the jew down the well.

Plaid Cymru was closely monitored by MI5 throughout the war and a list of 156 potential "traitors", as they called them, was drawn up for arrest should a German invasion actually take place."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/wales/ent...a-c7c4f79dbe87
    "

Which part of the responsibility for communication lies with the communicator did you fail to understand?
    So are you suggesting that Welsh speakers should be allowed to speak Welsh?

Plaid Cymru was closely monitored by MI5 throughout the war and a list of 156 potential "traitors", as they called them, was drawn up for arrest should a German invasion actually take place."

"
    And your point in relation to my post is.....?

Trublue, if I need you to speak on my behalf I'll let you know. But seeing as so far you seem incapable of putting any topics of your own on the political forum, I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you son.

You and a few other online clowns seem more preoccupied with attacking posters, than contributing on topics or issues with posts of your own.
    You might think you don't, but you're so thick I feel I need to help you.

And your point in relation to my post is.....?
    Which part of my original post are you struggling to understand Eric?

"Only the other day I witnessed a young couple with a North Wales accent board a bus in Albany Road and insist to the driver that they will ask for fares and directions in Welsh. He was understandably confused and we all watched as he was delayed explaining to both of them that he didn’t understand a word that they had asked him, when they had reverted to using Welsh. Both got frustrated with him, finally speaking only in English, and then proceeding to complain loudly to each other in Welsh when seated."

Which part of my original post are you struggling to understand Eric?

"Only the other day I witnessed a young couple with a North Wales accent board a bus in Albany Road and insist to the driver that they will ask for fares and directions in Welsh. He was understandably confused and we all watched as he was delayed explaining to both of them that he didn’t understand a word that they had asked him, when they had reverted to using Welsh. Both got frustrated with him, finally speaking only in English, and then proceeding to complain loudly to each other in Welsh when seated."
    Stop trying to fudge the issue and give me a response that doesn't involve paragraphs of gumph.

Should people in Wales that speak Welsh be allowed to if they so wish? Yes or no. A one word answer is all that is necessary.

Stop trying to fudge the issue and give me a response that doesn't involve paragraphs of gumph.

Should people in Wales that speak Welsh be allowed to if they so wish? Yes or no. A one word answer is all that is necessary.
    Read my post on the subject, it's self explanatory.

Stop playing the fool Eric, how can someone speak Welsh to a person who does not understand one word of it?

How can someone insist that they will speak Welsh whether they are understood or not. Can a doctor treating a road traffic victim insist on speaking in Welsh to a patient who doesn't understand a word he is saying?

Stop playing the fool Eric, how can someone speak Welsh to a person who does not understand one word of it?

How can someone insist that they will speak Welsh whether they are understood or not. Can a doctor treating a road traffic victim insist on speaking in Welsh to a patient who doesn't understand a word he is saying?
    Ok, then just to avoid confusion, you would be happy for Welsh speakers to speak Welsh to each other, then? I think we agree that a Welsh speaker making an issue out of someone not being able to understand and use the language back is strange, to the point where I'm not sure this really happens. Should Welsh speakers be encouraged to use Welsh when they can?

No one believes your "insisting on speaking Welsh" story, unless you have evidence to prove it. It's merely an anecdote.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    No one believes your "insisting on speaking Welsh" story, unless you have evidence to prove it. It's merely an anecdote.
    Foolish boy, Welsh language activists are doing it all the time, to see if they can get someone in organisations who is able to converse with them in Welsh. If not they then register complaints against those organisations. Why do you think we have a Welsh Flob Miester?

"A NEW commissioner’s power to impose a £5,000 fine on public bodies failing to use Welsh is little more than “tokenism”, say language campaigners."

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...ng-use-2034022

Foolish boy, Welsh language activists are doing it all the time, to see if they can get someone in organisations who is able to converse with them in Welsh. If not they then register complaints against those organisations. Why do you think we have a Welsh Flob Miester?

"A NEW commissioner’s power to impose a £5,000 fine on public bodies failing to use Welsh is little more than “tokenism”, say language campaigners."

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...ng-use-2034022
    It's you no one believes for a start.

However company employees aren't expected to magically speak Welsh, companies over a certain turnover are expected to supply both Welsh and English literature. That's completely different to what you've been talking about.

You've been caught out lying once again. If not give me some evidence of this conversation. Something you can "feel and touch"?

"
    This made me laugh out loud.
    Do you just close your eyes and click 'quote' on any message, because it's clear it doesn't really matter what's said, you'll just say what you want anyway

However company employees aren't expected to magically speak Welsh, companies over a certain turnover are expected to supply both Welsh and English literature. That's completely different to what you've been talking about.

You've been caught out lying once again. If not give me some evidence of this conversation. Something you can "feel and touch"?
    You're denying the existence of Welsh Language fanatics and extremists? Two of the fools blew themselves up in Abergale, Saunders Lewis went to prison for attacking an RAF base, groups of them burned down 200 cottages and issued threats to the owners of other homes, to leave Wales or face the same fate for their homes.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...arebar_twitter

Are you congenitally unable to resist following me on here like some demented puppy looking for approval?

I'm pretty sure I felt and touched a huge dollop of bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    This made me laugh out loud.
    Do you just close your eyes and click 'quote' on any message, because it's clear it doesn't really matter what's said, you'll just say what you want anyway
    You're a Flob speaking nationalist, so your opinion doesn't matter.

I'm pretty sure I felt and touched a huge dollop of bullshit.
    From the man who insists that people should be speaking Welsh to others even though they may well not be understood.

There are no monoglot Welsh speakers in Wales Eric. Not one. It's just a very expensive folly foisted on the taxpayer as a way of achieving nationalist's aims and objectives by other means than burning down people's cottages.

You're denying the existence of Welsh Language fanatics and extremists? Two of the fools blew themselves up in Abergale, Saunders Lewis went to prison for attacking an RAF base, groups of them burned down 200 cottages and issued threats to the owners of other homes, to leave Wales or face the same fate for their homes.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...arebar_twitter

Are you congenitally unable to resist following me on here like some demented puppy looking for approval?
    These people will be few and far between. Now I've never heard anyone insist on speaking in Welsh in my 38 years living in Cardiff, I don't think many other people have either.

Now it strikes me as a massive coincidence that someone who has a history whinging about the Welsh language and an even bigger history for being caught out lying again and again happens to to stumble across a couple who insist on it. As I said just show us some proof of this conversation and I'll take it all back.

Otherwise I'll continue to call you a liar.