+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Welsh youth thread...

Re: The Welsh youth thread...

Off topic, but currently watching England's under 20 QF against Mexico on Eurosport (0 - 0 ht). You know the game has officially gone mad when talking about an England U20 forward Solanke who has just been transferred from Chelsea to Liverpool citing lack of first team football and on a 20k a week contract. Talk about the haves and the have not's!!

England won 1 - 0 (Solanke)! Through to semi's. England captain Lewis cook was stand out player on the pitch for me. Bournemouth midfielder - cheeky loan bid for next season! Very mature display in middle of the park and excellent use of the ball throughout.

Blue in the Face

Cheers Emjay. Toulon had slipped my mind the today and was probably going to forget Wales play their last group game in just over an hour.

Wales U20 v Ivory Coast U20

KO - 16.00GMT

http://www.footballstreamings.com/li...Coast-U20.html

Blue in the Face

Pilling, Coxe, Rodon (c), Mepham, Abbruzzese, J. Evans, Poole, Thomas, James, Broadhead, Roberts.

http://livesportone.com/stream10.php

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Pilling, Coxe, Rodon (c), Mepham, Abbruzzese, J. Evans, Poole, Thomas, James, Broadhead, Roberts.

http://livesportone.com/stream10.php
    What a goal that was - George Thomas of Coventry.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What a goal that was - George Thomas of Coventry.
    Was great wasn't it. Reall decent start this...

Was great wasn't it. Reall decent start this...
    1-0 at half time and I'd say that's the least Wales deserve. Ivory Coast have had quite a bit of possession, but haven't done anything with it yet, while there are certainly opportunities for Wales on the break - both the City full backs are doing okay as well.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    1-0 at half time and I'd say that's the least Wales deserve. Ivory Coast have had quite a bit of possession, but haven't done anything with it yet, while there are certainly opportunities for Wales on the break - both the City full backs are doing okay as well.
    Yes, very solid all round. George Thomas and Broadhead scaring them a lot. Tyler's talent is obvious, but his decision making is a bit off today I feel. I do like the look of Daniel James. I think Swansea knicked him from Hull in the first week they became Category One. Pilling's distribution much better today. Looking like a very good all rounder. Just wish he was 7 foot tall!

1-1 after 51 minutes.

2-1 down.

2-2 ft. Wales equalised seconds before the end of injury time. Two goals for George Thomas of Coventry City.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    2-2 ft. Wales equalised seconds before the end of injury time. Two goals for George Thomas of Coventry City.
    Unlucky not to win that I feel. Ivory Coast had one or two excellent spells in the second half, but the result isn't fair I feel. The ref really bodged giving a free kick over a clear penalty too. Shame as another game, or two, could be really beneficial to gelling this team further.

Overall, extremely positive. We leave the tournament unbeaten with an entirely new team on and off the pitch, that's terrific I'd say. A very impressive first outing for Rob Page.

Well done Wales!

Overall, extremely positive. We leave the tournament unbeaten with an entirely new team on and off the pitch, that's terrific I'd say. A very impressive first outing for Rob Page.

Well done Wales!

Agreed, but are we out? On the page I was looking at it says we're into a play-off. Thought Wales deserved more from the game too; the pitch didn't seem to help any attempt to knock the ball around.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Agreed, but are we out? On the page I was looking at it says we're into a play-off. Thought Wales deserved more from the game too; the pitch didn't seem to help any attempt to knock the ball around.
    I've jumped the gun here. Apparently we need other games to go our way. I've taken this quote from another board...

"Need Scotland to not beat Indonesia and Brazil not to beat the Czech to go through so at least the last minute goal has given us some chance."

I've jumped the gun here. Apparently we need other games to go our way. I've taken this quote from another board...

"Need Scotland to not beat Indonesia and Brazil not to beat the Czech to go through so at least the last minute goal has given us some chance."
    Seems improbable that we will go through now, but fingers crossed.

I agree that we were unlucky yesterday - Wales were the far better side in the first half and they had good chances to score after the break before their late equaliser. However, the odds have to be on us not qualifying for the Semi's now and it will be a bit galling if England and Scotland both make it through. Still, the performances in the two matches we drew in particular offered a lot of hope for the future and I'd like to think that we've been watching four or five who will eventually make it into the senior side over the past week or so.

Poole showed why United snapped him up. Not so much for his technical prowess, but because he shows terrific determination desire - two traits I associate with Ferguson type players. I can imagine him taking the captain armband for the u21s for the next campaign.
    You are very lucky that the CCMB Opinion Police havent stormed in here and lynched you from the nearest tree for writing something like that