+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Yeah, game of two halves for sure. The wind was howling around down there which made it difficult for the team attacking the, er, Canton End. We struggled to get anything going in the first half and Luke Armstrong kept us in it with some great saves. All change in the second though as we got on top and Jake Davies helped himself to a couple of goals as did Louis Phillips, all four from similar positions as they were found in space after coming in from the wing. Osian Rees scored with a nice free kick

Difficult to judge individuals off one game in tricky conditions but Kpakio looks like a player at right back, even though he wasn't able to get forward much today. Nyakuhwa was a handful up front and Mafico had an eye-catching game in midfield. Jake Davies looked good but could do with growing a bit, as often seems to be the case with our youngsters. No such worries for the centre halves who were both units. Slightly clumsy at times but one of them reminded me of the bully on Corrie which may have clouded my judgement.

Similar kind of system to the first team from what I could make out. Some generous defending from QPR in the second half but we broke quickly and in numbers, a well deserved win in the end.
    Do you know who 'Walsh is who has played in the last two games?

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    Do you know who 'Walsh is who has played in the last two games?
    He didn't start today as far as I could make out. Jac Thomas played but he wasn't on the original team list, Walsh was the one missing. We used five subs when only four were originally listed so he could've been the fifth sub used. I've found a report from last year where we had an Oliver Walsh playing for our under-15s so maybe it's him.

The Harry Watts you mentioned earlier in the thread did start. Looks like he can play but he didn't have the best of games, got a bit frustrated at times. Difficult conditions though, like I said.