+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Eventful start!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Superb free kick from “forgotten man” Joel Bagan gives City the lead.

Cameron Antwi makes it 2-0 within two minutes.
    Bagan's goal
    https://mobile.twitter.com/CardiffCi...95228705910785

Ipswich have just driven the ball over ina scramble where we had plenty of chances to clear (keeper should have done better as well) - 2-1.

Sub Cian Ashford makes it 3-1.

Ipswich score with a header from a corner within a minute.

City’s keeper makes up for his mistake for the first goal with a great save to keep it at 3-2, but we’re hanging on now.

Another for Ashford, well set up by Peake.
    Finished 4-2

Good, hard fought win - it was pretty hairy at times, but I thought the two “experienced” players in the team, Bagan and King, were very good.

sounds like decent entertainment

Enjoying the u21 games this season. King was everywhere today and Bagan done well at cb when city down to 10 men

sub Ashford was excellent on the ball with lots of mazy runners and 2 good finishes

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    Enjoying the u21 games this season. King was everywhere today and Bagan done well at cb when city down to 10 men

sub Ashford was excellent on the ball with lots of mazy runners and 2 good finishes
    I enjoy it when they have the YouTube coverage on.

I think King is mostly likely to push on, hopefully.

A later than usual kick off time for the under 18s, their match with Crewe at Leckwith is under way at one o clock.

https://twitter.com/cf11academy/stat...SeQDCMl5FM5pZw

Another goal for Kieron Evans for Torquay on Saturday - 2 in 2 games.
    Ollie Tanner hasn't even been on the bench for York since the end of February. Don't know if he's injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Another goal for Kieron Evans for Torquay on Saturday - 2 in 2 games.
    Ollie Tanner hasn't even been on the bench for York since the end of February. Don't know if he's injured.
    I’d forgotten all about Tanner.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’d forgotten all about Tanner.
    So have York!

Lamouchi using his Forest connections if this is right - 19 year old CB/RB Osa Solomon to be trialled. https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/rea....php?nid=46782

Wales u17s 2-0 up against Scotland u17s. Live for free on Sgorio's Youtube channel

City old boy Biancheri with Wales' second. Cardiff's Giles, Lawlor and Perrett starting, Armstrong, Kpakio and Twose on the bench. Charlie Crew captaining the side.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Wales u17s 2-0 up against Scotland u17s. Live for free on Sgorio's Youtube channel

City old boy Biancheri with Wales' second. Cardiff's Giles, Lawlor and Perrett starting, Armstrong, Kpakio and Twose on the bench. Charlie Crew captaining the side.

Thanks for the link - finished 4-2 to Wales.

Full time 4-2 win for Wales. Biancheri looks some player, same with Charlie Crew, no wonder they've been poached!

Of the current Cardiff boys Lawlor & Giles looked good at the back, Perrett did well in midfield. Wales now have to play Iceland & Montenegro to qualify for the u17 Euros this summer, would be Wales' first ever appearance at the finals if they manage to qualify

Full time 4-2 win for Wales. Biancheri looks some player, same with Charlie Crew, no wonder they've been poached!

Of the current Cardiff boys Lawlor & Giles looked good at the back, Perrett did well in midfield. Wales now have to play Iceland & Montenegro to qualify for the u17 Euros this summer, would be Wales' first ever appearance at the finals if they manage to qualify
    Iceland and Montenegro drew 0-0 yesterday. Wales will be playing them at Dragon Park I think it's called in Newport over the next few days - four points from those matches would see us win the group.

Wales' remaining games are against Iceland on Saturday at 4 o clock and Montenegro on Tuesday at 1 o clock.

Iceland and Montenegro drew 0-0 yesterday. Wales will be playing them at Dragon Park I think it's called in Newport over the next few days - four points from those matches would see us win the group.

Wales' remaining games are against Iceland on Saturday at 4 o clock and Montenegro on Tuesday at 1 o clock.
    It looks a talented group of players. Iwan Morgan of Swansea has something like 7 goals in 3 games for the u17s and there's a few at PL academies (aside from the ex-City boys) that look promising

I know you can't assume these players will go on to do anything in football, but it's promising nonetheless, I don't think Wales have ever qualified for any age group tournament have they? I think the closest we came was the u21s with Ramsey etc losing to England in the playoffs. Getting to the Euros would be a real achievement

It looks a talented group of players. Iwan Morgan of Swansea has something like 7 goals in 3 games for the u17s and there's a few at PL academies (aside from the ex-City boys) that look promising

I know you can't assume these players will go on to do anything in football, but it's promising nonetheless, I don't think Wales have ever qualified for any age group tournament have they? I think the closest we came was the u21s with Ramsey etc losing to England in the playoffs. Getting to the Euros would be a real achievement
    I can’t recall Wales qualifying for a age group finals tournament - great that there is strong City representation in what looks to be one of Wales’ best age group squads of recent years.

Squeaky bum time for the second year scholars this weekend
    Most of them have been with the club for several years before being given a scholarship
    They get their decisions as to whether they achieve a pro contract from Monday onwards
    Crossed fingers as rejection is savage 🫣

Wales’ under 17s second match, against Iceland, in the Euro Elite League in the qualification process for their Euros kicks off at 4 - the game is being covered on Sgorio’s You Tube channel.

Wales’ under 17s second match, against Iceland, in the Euro Elite League in the qualification process for their Euros kicks off at 4 - the game is being covered on Sgorio’s You Tube channel.
    Seems that Wales will qualify if they win following a win for Scotland over Montenegro.

Wales, with four City players starting, 1-0 ahead.

Charlie Crew looks a good prospect.