Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
Alan Lee in charge of the Ipswich team. Hopefully he can pass on some of his ball mastery to the next generation.

I'm sure you've mentioned this before but I'm surprised Spence hasn't featured more for the under-23s this season. They seem to have identified a core of seven or eight who feature in most games at that level but Spence hasn't quite made the cut, maybe he will now. No rush, of course, but I expected him to be a regular this time round.
I think I've brought up the matter of how Sion Spence has gone from intended first team substitute to not good enough for the Development team twice on my blog this season (I've definitely made mention of it). It's strange how he has gone from being a regular member of the Development squad at the back end of last season to an occasional member of it to me and, on the face of it, there seems to be an admission that City got it wrong a few months back when he was considered to be up to playing against people years older than him in the Under 23s and would have been a sub at Huddersfield if it had not been for a problem with red tape.

When Spence was featuring for the Under 23s last season, he was still being selected for the Under 18s, so he was often playing on Saturdays and Mondays. Therefore, it may be that City have decided that they want to limit him to one game a week even though most 16/17 year olds on the books of a pro club want to do is play as much and as often as they can at that age - he seems quite an athlete as well.

http://www.thepowerof10.info/athlete...hleteid=528196

Anyway, if that is the reason for his non selection in what is effectively our reserve team, then I think it's a poor decision, because he's shown he can do well with the Under 23s and he should be with them if it really has to be one out of the two teams only.