+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Sorry Bob I was half way through posting when I must have posted it on accident. I can't remember what number he was but the small kid that played right back in the first half was definitely Ethan Vaughan.

I think I'm right in saying that all the starting 11 were u15 last night but Rhys Schwank, Caleb Hughes and Jac Clay who were all on the subs bench were a year younger.

Eli King and Ntazana Mayembe both played against Swansea u16 last season in the game we watched at Leckwith.
    Fair enough, I was definitely talking about the boy who was wearing the number five shirt, so I'll change my reference to him being right back to just his shirt number. I said to Keith that I thought the number eleven might be the boy who played centre forward in that win over Swansea last season - he got switched to striker from the wing late on and had two efforts on goal within a few minutes, the first, which was well struck, but straight at the keeper came after what I thought was the best move either side put together in the game and then he had another effort turned aside by the keeper on his near post for a corner.

For those who subscribe to ifollow highlights of Spence's hatrick against Ipswich are there. Three extremely well taken goals. He appears equally at home with the ball at his left or right foot.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    For those who subscribe to ifollow highlights of Spence's hatrick against Ipswich are there. Three extremely well taken goals. He appears equally at home with the ball at his left or right foot.
    Been looking forward to watching this all week and was beginning to think that it hadn't been filmed - thanks for letting us know . They were all well taken goals, but I'd say the first one was the pick of the bunch - what a goal by Pilkington on Monday as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Been looking forward to watching this all week and was beginning to think that it hadn't been filmed - thanks for letting us know . They were all well taken goals, but I'd say the first one was the pick of the bunch - what a goal by Pilkington on Monday as well.
    Just seen that now, what a screamer! He's bagged quite a few for the Development Squad lately. We are not exactly blessed with options up field, so I wonder if he can force his way back into contention especially as we have drawn blanks in our last two outings. As you say further up this thread very interesting that Spence is now training with the first team squad too.