+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attendance as a Percentage of Capacity

Attendance as a Percentage of Capacity

Re: Attendance as a Percentage of Capacity

are you surprised?

Aren't these figures rather meaningless ?

Surely the only figure that matters is the number of attendees on match day.

Take Rotherham for instance. They average over 10k for home matches in a stadium that holds 12k. If they had a 36k capacity stadium would you expect them to get 30k every home game, being the same percentage of the capacity ? Of course not, which is why this is a pointless number crunching exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Aren't these figures rather meaningless ?

Surely the only figure that matters is the number of attendees on match day.

Take Rotherham for instance. They average over 10k for home matches in a stadium that holds 12k. If they had a 36k capacity stadium would you expect them to get 30k every home game, being the same percentage of the capacity ? Of course not, which is why this is a pointless number crunching exercise.
    Well these figures seem to show that our ground is too big for us despite it being useful for a few Wales games

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well these figures seem to show that our ground is too big for us despite it being useful for a few Wales games
    Well, you wouldn't be saying our ground is too big for us if we were in the Premier League.
    Rotherham, on the other hand, would still find a 30k stadium too big for them, even in the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Well, you wouldn't be saying our ground is too big for us if we were in the Premier League.
    Rotherham, on the other hand, would still find a 30k stadium too big for them, even in the Premier League.
    If my aunty had bollocks she would be my uncle

We have been in the top flight 2 x since 1962

Which of the current stands should we be demolishing then?

Now now bob. You know mr boring is on his favourite soapbox Again! Leave him alone to pontificate. Small club, fickle fans etc drone drone drone

No difference to Ninian Park for the majority of my time watching City.

I remember the 'Jock Stein' game which had an attendance of 40000. Next City game which was Bristol City attracted(?) about 4000 which was a decent crowd for that season.

What's your point here?

Or another perspective...
    we have been in the top-flight 2 x in the last 11 years.

I'd rather have something and not need it, than need something but not have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

I remember the 'Jock Stein' game which had an attendance of 40000. Next City game which was Bristol City attracted(?) about 4000 which was a decent crowd for that season.

What's your point here?
    Even if only full for Wales games it’s worth having otherwise the money drains off to rugby. We were at capacity for PL games. I also agree that league table is pointless.

It's too big for the current dreadful offering Bulut's team offer up but a successful Cardiff City team can fill our ground and sustained success might show the ground isn't big enough.

But if we ever had a decent owner like the jacks did and stayed up for 7 years it would be full every week.
    Let’s face it, I’m staggered that 18-20,000 people actually give up their Saturday to watch the current shite on offer.
    Yiu recall the mid to late 80’s sludge? 3/4000 beleaguered souls in a 40,000 capacity stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Or another perspective...
    we have been in the top-flight 2 x in the last 11 years.

I'd rather have something and not need it, than need something but not have it.
    If the jacks had had 30,000 capacity they might still be there now and they would have stolen generations of fans off us

What's your point here?
    I remember the night City beat Spurs in their double season 61/62 there was almost a full house, next home game against Villa there were 12,000, almost 40k difference. Got to say it though the Spurs game was without doubt the best atmosphere I’ve ever known at a City game.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Which of the current stands should we be demolishing then?
    Well it's a bit late for that

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    Now now bob. You know mr boring is on his favourite soapbox Again! Leave him alone to pontificate. Small club, fickle fans etc drone drone drone
    Medium club

Fickle fans

What's your point here?
    My point is most of the time the place doesn't look very good

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    But if we ever had a decent owner like the jacks did and stayed up for 7 years it would be full every week.
    Let’s face it, I’m staggered that 18-20,000 people actually give up their Saturday to watch the current shite on offer.
    Yiu recall the mid to late 80’s sludge? 3/4000 beleaguered souls in a 40,000 capacity stadium.
    We needed to move but the place looks terrible with 18000 people in a 33 k capacity

My point is most of the time the place doesn't look very good
    Plenty of other clubs have quite a lot of empty seats knocking about when I watch highlights on the TV.

Stoke, Wednesday, Coventry, Birmingham, Swansea and a few more all in stadiums too big for their current attendances.

As for it not looking good, I'm more concerned about some of the dross being churned out on the pitch thsn an empty blue seat.

If the football improves perhaps the seat will get used?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    I remember the night City beat Spurs in their double season 61/62 there was almost a full house, next home game against Villa there were 12,000, almost 40k difference. Got to say it though the Spurs game was without doubt the best atmosphere I’ve ever known at a City game.
    60/61. 45,463. Took City to 6th in 1st Division after 32 games ! Next game H v Blackpool, 19,754. City lost next 5 games, on the beach probably. [Butlins Minehead..]

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    60/61. 45,463. Took City to 6th in 1st Division after 32 games ! Next game H v Blackpool, 19,754. City lost next 5 games, on the beach probably. [Butlins Minehead..]
    Fickle fans ?

Always have been

International

Name the red seats the Ninian Premier Stand, and discount them to fiddle the figures, only count them IF we ever get back there. It's effectively closed anyway.

Also, discount the massive gaps between away supporters that can't be used either.

Wrexham want 50,000

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Saturday night game, straight after a rugby international in town. People from all over looking for a sporting day out. The Swansea game was a great atmosphere on a Saturday night this season, the win helped mind. Perhaps the City are a Saturday night team, the well oiled fans are certainly up for it

Man who doesn't go to Cardiff City games complains about the empty seats at Cardiff City games.