+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 165 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181131 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    It's not promising is it? With Harris gone we don't seem to have a striker now, until someone can find Meite. No left back or left sided midfielder either but plenty of centre halves and central midfielders (Duffus, Humphries and Waite were all missing last night to add to what we've got there).

To be fair, the two lads we had on trial last night, Burrows and Sumner, seem to be teenagers on the way up rather than 20-year-olds who've already been rejected elsewhere but it looks like it could be more of the same at that level this season. Why doesn't Warnock give the fringe players or new signings games like Burnley did last night? Seems odd to me.
    2-0 win today. Someone found Meite & some fringe players got a game, good to see that the club reads this board. Not wanting to pre-empt Slumdog's match report but here's the club's version of events.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-2-0-barnsley/

2-0 win today. Someone found Meite & some fringe players got a game, good to see that the club reads this board. Not wanting to pre-empt Slumdog's match report but here's the club's version of events.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-2-0-barnsley/
    Anybody have any idea who Ayite is? Google only comes up with a 30yr old who plays for Fulham and a retired 43 yr old 😀

Blog report on yesterday's Development team match.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Blog report on yesterday's Development team match.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Thanks for that, much appreciated.

Looks like neither of us can help Tomcat, it's Samuel Ayite but the internet hasn't heard of him.

It has heard of Joaquin Rivera though (assuming it's the same guy who played yesterday). He's 28 and has trodden the familiar path that so many Spaniards have been down before, he was at Barry last season having signed from Cardiff Bay FC. My eldest saw him in Barry's game against Cardiff Met in May and said he was 'f**king bollocks'.

Jacob Evans is an odd one. I haven't seen him listed as a trialist this season and his Wiki page says he's a Cardiff City player but also says he was only signed on a deal to the end of the 2017-18 season (which I don't remember happening). I'm sure I saw his face in the under-23 squad on the club site during the close season but it's not there now yet when the club announced their retained list he was named among the scholars retained, even though he's 20. Hope that clears things up.

A brief follow up to yesterday's game here.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ofessionalism/

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

Looks like neither of us can help Tomcat, it's Samuel Ayite but the internet hasn't heard of him.

It has heard of Joaquin Rivera though (assuming it's the same guy who played yesterday). He's 28 and has trodden the familiar path that so many Spaniards have been down before, he was at Barry last season having signed from Cardiff Bay FC. My eldest saw him in Barry's game against Cardiff Met in May and said he was 'f**king bollocks'.

Jacob Evans is an odd one. I haven't seen him listed as a trialist this season and his Wiki page says he's a Cardiff City player but also says he was only signed on a deal to the end of the 2017-18 season (which I don't remember happening). I'm sure I saw his face in the under-23 squad on the club site during the close season but it's not there now yet when the club announced their retained list he was named among the scholars retained, even though he's 20. Hope that clears things up.

A brief follow up to yesterday's game here.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ofessionalism/
    I did have a quick look at someone else's teamsheet on Monday and the trialist right back's first name wasn't Joaquin - I can't remember what it was now, but it was an Italian sounding name.
    Jacob Evans may have been given some sort of contract by the club last season because he did play a lot of games for the Development team - maybe it was something similar to Lloyd Humphries' loan deal with Weston whereby he often played two games a week, one for Weston and then one for our Under 23s?
    I just checked the club website and I think it's safe to say that a relative of our manager is now in our Academy squad!

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/teams/u18/

I did have a quick look at someone else's teamsheet on Monday and the trialist right back's first name wasn't Joaquin - I can't remember what it was now, but it was an Italian sounding name.
    Jacob Evans may have been given some sort of contract by the club last season because he did play a lot of games for the Development team - maybe it was something similar to Lloyd Humphries' loan deal with Weston whereby he often played two games a week, one for Weston and then one for our Under 23s?
    I just checked the club website and I think it's safe to say that a relative of our manager is now in our Academy squad!

That's his son, small world isn't it?

That's odd about Rivera, the Youth Hawk site says it was him. Maybe it's not as reliable as we hoped it would be.

http://youthhawk.co.uk/w/index.php/C...ment_League_2)

Don't ask me about Jacob Evans, it's like the Masons at that level. Maybe we're not meant to know.

The Under 18s maintained their 100 per cent winning run by beating Barnsley 2-0 away yesterday - the goals were scored by Dan Griffiths and Jac Davies.

1-1 draw for the Development team today at Sheffield Wednesday with Ciaron Brown getting the goal - new signing Ryan Price played at right back.

1-1 draw for the Development team today at Sheffield Wednesday with Ciaron Brown getting the goal - new signing Ryan Price played at right back.
    I wonder what the plan is for Coxe now Price has signed? Looks like he may have played up front today.

Greg Adinna is an interesting trialist, especially as we have a shortage of strikers at that level. He scored over twenty goals for Barnet's Academy last season.

It was Leonardo but I doubt we'll see him again!

The Under 18s maintained their 100 per cent winning run by beating Barnsley 2-0 away yesterday - the goals were scored by Dan Griffiths and Jac Davies.
    That Youth Hawk site also covers the Academy games with full squads and details from each game. That mix-up with Joaquin Rivera makes me think its not 100% reliable but I'm glad its there. Here's the league table for the Academy boys, good reading.

http://youthhawk.co.uk/w/index.php/2...er-18_League_2

Sion Spence scored the goal for Wales under-19s in a 1-0 friendly win over the Republic of Ireland today. Three other Academy boys in the starting line-up; Ryan Reynolds, who was captain, Sam Bowen and Dan Griffiths. Issak Davies was on the bench.

A 2-0 loss for our under-23s at Forest tonight. No senior players, unless we're counting Meite, and the line-up looked a bit unbalanced with a lot of defenders in there but Tyrone Duffus made his comeback after injury, as did Lloyd Humphries, and the lack of trialists seems to indicate that we've settled on a squad at that level, for now at least. A few absentees tonight gave a chance for three under-18s to step up, fringe players rather than regulars (as with last season) but a number of international call-ups at Academy level make it hard to say whether this was a one-off or the policy for the season.

Thanks Loramski. It will be interesting to see how Duffus develops now he's hopefully regaining fitness.
    I thought he looked useful before his injury mishaps last season.

Looking forward to a mini cup-run just to see a few of these players get a chance at senior level.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Thanks Loramski. It will be interesting to see how Duffus develops now he's hopefully regaining fitness.
    I thought he looked useful before his injury mishaps last season.
    I agree, it'll be interesting to see where we play him too. We played him at centre half last season but Hereford put him in centre mid and he picked up a couple of goals in his brief time there. Ciaron Brown got injured tonight, that might open the door for Duffus at centre half again, we'll see.

I've already mentioned to TOBW that the end of this season could see some interesting developments at youth level as Bellamy's Academy lads 'graduate' from the under-18s. There's obviously a policy of keeping that group together but something will have to give when a number of them are ready to move up next year. Jack Bodenham's arrival at under-23 level seems to have caused some confusion on its own as Paul McKay, a centre half who we signed on a two and a half year deal earlier in the year, has had to play elsewhere to make room for him. I assume there's already some kind of a plan for next season, it'll be interesting to see what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Looking forward to a mini cup-run just to see a few of these players get a chance at senior level.
    To be fair to Warnock, it was hard to criticise the line-up for the Norwich game. He needed to give fringe members of his squad a game and while it was encouraging to see a couple of under-21s on the bench, they'd both played 60 minutes in Sheffield the night before so I wasn't expecting either of them to play a big part, if any. Unless he feels there are any youngsters really close to making a Premier League match day squad, I can't see the FA Cup line-up being much different.

It will be interesting to see how Bellamy's Academy boys do in the FA Youth Cup this season, they've started with four wins in the league and it would be good to see them have a run in the cup.

Wales under 19s & 21s both lost 2-0 today. The four City lads who played on Sunday for the u-19s were rested today while Isaak Davies started. Ryan Reynolds came on as a sub but was carried off. Cameron Coxe started for the u-21s.

Lee Tomlin sent off in the twenty fifth minute in today's Development team game at Coventry - we lost 3-0 and this season is already showing worrying signs of going the same way as last year at this level.

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2018/sep...-cardiff-u23s/

Lee Tomlin sent off in the twenty fifth minute in today's Development team game at Coventry - we lost 3-0 and this season is already showing worrying signs of going the same way as last year at this level.

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2018/sep...-cardiff-u23s/
    We put a strong team out to be fair, Tomlin, Connolly and Pilkington, as well as Coxe and Meite, all started. Over an hour with ten men did for us there I assume. We seem to be taking it a bit more seriously this season although the results aren't reflecting it yet, at least the trialist free-for-all has abated for now.

The Academy boys lost 1-0 at Bristol City this morning. No Sion Spence in the squad, I wasn't aware of him picking up an injury on international duty but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough why he wasn't playing.

The Academy boys lost 1-0 at Bristol City this morning. No Sion Spence in the squad, I wasn't aware of him picking up an injury on international duty but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough why he wasn't playing.
    Or maybe we won't. A report here on the Academy game but Spence's absence doesn't get mentioned. I'd like to think he was part of the match day squad that travelled to Chelsea but there's no point in speculating.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-cardiff-city/

A report on the DVP defeat at Coventry too. Tomlin was sent off for dissent after receiving a yellow from what I can make out.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-cardiff-city/

Both performances appeared decent enough to be fair. Hard to judge the DVP one as they played with 10 men for over an hour but they seem to have settled on a squad of around 16 and with a couple of players coming back from injury too we might get more of an idea about the quality we've got at that level now there seems to be some kind of structure there.

A 1-0 defeat to Palace for the u-18s this morning. Excellent game, two good keepers kept it down to one goal and City were unlucky to lose it late on. Our two strikers were a handful all game, Dan Griffiths in particular, and Ryan Reynolds and Joel Bagan impressed at the back although there were other good performances too. Rubin Colwill did a Maupay in the first half which not only cost us a goal but seemed to affect his confidence, he'd looked good until then. No Sion Spence again.

A 1-0 defeat to Palace for the u-18s this morning. Excellent game, two good keepers kept it down to one goal and City were unlucky to lose it late on. Our two strikers were a handful all game, Dan Griffiths in particular, and Ryan Reynolds and Joel Bagan impressed at the back although there were other good performances too. Rubin Colwill did a Maupay in the first half which not only cost us a goal but seemed to affect his confidence, he'd looked good until then. No Sion Spence again.
    Agreed, a far, far better game of football than the one I watched a few hours later.

The Development team are at home to Millwall today kick off at 1 o clock according to the club website - the game is at Leckwith.