+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    3-1 now, Brayden Shaw with our goal.

An encouraging start (and a standing ovation) for Mark Harris at Newport. A good interview with him here.

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/new...form=hootsuite
    Finished up 4-1, too early to draw firm conclusions yet, but I've got a bad feeling about Under 23 matches this season - Mark Harris is, almost certainly, best out of it. Thanks for posting that link, I think it's a good move for him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Finished up 4-1, too early to draw firm conclusions yet, but I've got a bad feeling about Under 23 matches this season - Mark Harris is, almost certainly, best out of it. Thanks for posting that link, I think it's a good move for him.
    It's not promising is it? With Harris gone we don't seem to have a striker now, until someone can find Meite. No left back or left sided midfielder either but plenty of centre halves and central midfielders (Duffus, Humphries and Waite were all missing last night to add to what we've got there).

To be fair, the two lads we had on trial last night, Burrows and Sumner, seem to be teenagers on the way up rather than 20-year-olds who've already been rejected elsewhere but it looks like it could be more of the same at that level this season. Why doesn't Warnock give the fringe players or new signings games like Burnley did last night? Seems odd to me.

A brief look back at Monday's game from Andy Legg and Jack Bodenham here. Seems like we picked up a couple of injuries, maybe it'll give us the chance to have a look at a couple of trialists next week?

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-a-great-test/

It's not promising is it? With Harris gone we don't seem to have a striker now, until someone can find Meite. No left back or left sided midfielder either but plenty of centre halves and central midfielders (Duffus, Humphries and Waite were all missing last night to add to what we've got there).

To be fair, the two lads we had on trial last night, Burrows and Sumner, seem to be teenagers on the way up rather than 20-year-olds who've already been rejected elsewhere but it looks like it could be more of the same at that level this season. Why doesn't Warnock give the fringe players or new signings games like Burnley did last night? Seems odd to me.
    Don't know those two names, but I found a tweet which names them (along with Elvis) as subs so it's presumably from the game at Taffs Well (someone replied saying that "Burrows" should read Borrows)?

Someone posted something on my blog over the weekend saying
    "I have heard that Cardiff City are trialing two out of contract Senegalese players this week, with the view to possibly signing both.

The two players are Lacina Traore (striker) and Jules Iloki (right-winger)."

Maybe they were involved as well?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Don't know those two names, but I found a tweet which names them (along with Elvis) as subs so it's presumably from the game at Taffs Well (someone replied saying that "Burrows" should read Borrows)?

Someone posted something on my blog over the weekend saying
    "I have heard that Cardiff City are trialing two out of contract Senegalese players this week, with the view to possibly signing both.

The two players are Lacina Traore (striker) and Jules Iloki (right-winger)."

Maybe they were involved as well?
    Here's the team from Monday. Haven't seen this site before, could be useful for us this season.

http://youthhawk.co.uk/w/index.php/B...ment_League_2)

Here's the team from Monday. Haven't seen this site before, could be useful for us this season.

http://youthhawk.co.uk/w/index.php/B...ment_League_2)
    Just bookmarked that site - thanks

Mark Harris scored his first goal for Newport today, a late equaliser having come on as a sub.

Also, DVP old boy Danny Johnson scored for Motherwell, the only goal in a League Cup win at Livingston.

2-0 win today. Someone found Meite & some fringe players got a game, good to see that the club reads this board. Not wanting to pre-empt Slumdog's match report but here's the club's version of events.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-2-0-barnsley/

2-0 win today. Someone found Meite & some fringe players got a game, good to see that the club reads this board. Not wanting to pre-empt Slumdog's match report but here's the club's version of events.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-2-0-barnsley/
    Anybody have any idea who Ayite is? Google only comes up with a 30yr old who plays for Fulham and a retired 43 yr old 😀