I would have thought Meite was sure to get a suspension given the way the card was produced and the general acceptance of the decision by the Cardiff contingent.

As for who replaces him, James Waite played furthest forward of the central midfielders (we played what was probably a 4-5-1 cum 4-3-3 with Evans and Wootton the wide players, but Waite's advanced position often turned it into a 4-4-1-1) and he went up front after the sending off - he's played up there before and I think there's a good chance they'll use him there in the next few games. Pilkington doesn't seem to be playing for the Development team this season, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him, Madine and, maybe, Tomlin get a game each in Meite's absence, I'd guess this is more likely than promoting players from the Under 18s (if I had to guess, I'd say the "wall" will stay up this season).

Cameron Coxe is injured, but there's a disappointingly low number of our players involved in the Wales senior and age group fixtures played in the last ten days or so - I noticed Eli King played for the Under 17s in a defeat by Kazakhstan, but he was the only City player involved I think. That was a good win for the Under 19s though and from the little I read on the game, Isaak Davies could easily have got a goal - we have had a very poor record when it comes to producing young strikers since Earnie came on the scene, so it's at least encouraging that we had two, who are both well under nineteen, starting at that level for their country.