Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
The last three you name have some limited experience of playing at Development team level Gringo, but I'm pretty sure it would have been a debut for the other two. With Development team regulars like O'Sullivan and Tutonda moving on and the likelihood that there will be more to follow, it's almost akin to everyone moving up an age group when it comes to our young players and results will probably suffer for a while, but it needs to be stressed that sending a so called Under 18 team that is in reality full of 15 and 16 year olds and Under 23 team which is virtually full of teenagers to play at Charlton is as hard a league assignment as they'll get.

I think it's great that these academy players are being pushed to their limits Bob.

It's no good leaving these kids in their comfort zone as we have done in recent years even if it does get us into the play offs of the dvp league.

I'd much rather see a 17 year playing against 23 year old so that by the time he gets to 19 he's ready to play adult football.

This has been my issue with the dvp squad for a long time. I think Nicholson was just there to promote himself and not for the benefit of Cardiff City football club.