+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Tonight's team;-

O'Reilly, Baker, Tutonda, Huws, Ajayi, James, O'Sullivan, Wharton, Zohore, Immers, John

Rees, Coughlan, Southam, Skapetis, Weymans

Skapetis is a new name to me, I presume it's this bloke

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...toke-City.html
    Interesting. I had a quick look on Skapetis' twitter - and although he doesn't use it much there is a tweet from June that says: Been hit hard with injury over the last 2 years but I know what I'm capable of and what I'm heading towards. A £300k fee for a QPR reserve striker is fairly serious money. I assume he has now been released by Stoke and Warnock has taken him on some sort of short term contract for a look?

The rest of the side is strong, with Immers, Huws, Ajayi, John etc starting. I don't recognise any names in the QPR team - except Finney - so maybe they're not using this fixture as a training match for first team squad players?
    Last edited by jon1959; 21-11-16 at 19:00.

4 - 0 win for Cardiff u23s:

21 - Zahore
    55 - Zahore
    58 - Skapetis
    81 - Ajeyi

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Interesting. I had a quick look on Skapetis' twitter - and although he doesn't use it much there is a tweet from June that says: Been hit hard with injury over the last 2 years but I know what I'm capable of and what I'm heading towards. A £300k fee for a QPR reserve striker is fairly serious money. I assume he has now been released by Stoke and Warnock has taken him on some sort of short term contract for a look?

The rest of the side is strong, with Immers, Huws, Ajayi, John etc starting. I don't recognise any names in the QPR team - except Finney - so maybe they're not using this fixture as a training match for first team squad players?
    Skapetis came on and scored in a 4-0 win, didn't stand out though. Zohore scored two goals on the break, the second finish was classy after a poor first touch had taken him close to the keeper. The usual hit and miss stuff from him but no shortage of effort again. Ashley Baker impressed at right back, Semi Ajayi hardly put a foot wrong and got the final goal, Theo Wharton got some good tackles in and had a tidy game.

A lot more big clearances than usual at DVP level but, to be fair, there was also some excellent counter-attacking football which, I suppose, justified being prepared to give possession away in that fashion. Weird to see a City team breaking in numbers, unique even.