+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    You're making some very persuasive points here and I find myself agreeing with you're saying, specifically in regard to the player mentioned. If we are see him hold back all season then it certainly seems a mystifying choice. There is surely the spaces in the DVP to allow for the younger players to be promoted and perhaps, as you make the point very well, they should be promoted sooner rather than later. But it does seem to be a considered choice to hold back the brighter hopefuls at present. Could it be that perhaps someone like CB has requested to work with these lads a tad longer before they player in the higher age groups? Or perhaps a physical growth consideration with the player/s?

I just wonder if, for the short term, we have a bit of an issue with the DVP team in that it appears really disjointed at present and perhaps not the best environment to build confidence? Confidence building seems to be what a lot of coaches argue is the most important factor in developing youth players. The DVP side seems to be troublingly low on personel at present and I wonder if it might be a tad damaging to the likes of Coxe and Harris who might benefit from being in a more stable and balanced team? I just wonder how much they would be gaining this term when they seem to be playing with 5 or 6 new teammates every week. I'm starting to think we released too many DVP players and mess with the team a bit too much. I'm all for trialists and finding youth players to displace our own, but it seems quite problematic to have no permanent players to plug the gap.

This was the side Vs Southamption. Was Waite really our only sub!?

Ratcliffe, Coxe, Trialist, Trialist, Duffus, Young, Trialist, Trialist, Gounongbe, Harris, Trialist.

bench: Waite.
    He was the only sub because of a host of injuries (three crocks were sitting next to me in the stand) and the fact that Academy players couldn't be used because of a game against the Wurzels the following morning.

Blue in the Face

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    He was the only sub because of a host of injuries (three crocks were sitting next to me in the stand) and the fact that Academy players couldn't be used because of a game against the Wurzels the following morning.
    Thanks for the info Abbruzzese's injury has forced him out of the Welsh u21s unfortunately....

PREPARATIONS UNDERWAY FOR UNDER-21S IN BANGOR

http://www.faw.cymru/en/news/prepara...en/news/&pos=2

Manager Rob Page has brought his Wales Under-21 squad together as the side trained on the North Wales coast ahead of two crucial qualifiers against Bosnia and Herzegovina (10 November) and Romania (14 November) that will be played at the VSM Bangor City FC Stadium.
    Page has already made a couple of enforced changes to his squad following the withdrawal of Rhys Abbruzzese and Daniel James through injury, but welcomed Rhys Norrington-Davies and Alex Babos into the squad for a light training session on Monday afternoon. The side will now spend the next few days preparing for two home games as they look to build on a positive start.

Six points from their opening three away games ensured that there was a positive vibe in the camp as the players assembled at the team base, but Page and his staff will be well aware of the challenges ahead, as Bosnia and Herzegovina recently claimed an impressive 3-1 win over Portugal to move level on points with Wales in Group 8. Meanwhile, Romania currently top the group having enjoyed an undefeated start to their campaign.

Wales began their campaign with an resounding 3-0 win in Switzerland, and bounced back from a defeat against Portugal to beat Liechtenstein 3-1 last month. Leicester City striker George Thomas has scored three goals in as many games. “We've had three tough away games to kick this campaign off,” explained Thomas following his brace in Liechtenstein. “So we're very happy with six points, but now it's vital that we get six points from the two home games.”

WALES U21 SQUAD

GOALKEEPERS: Luke Pilling (Tranmere Rovers), Owen Evans (Wigan Athletic). DEFENDERS: Cola Dasilva (Chelsea), Rhys Norrington-Davies (Sheffield United), Cameron Coxe (Cardiff City), Chris Mepham (Brentford), Regan Poole (Manchester United – on loan at Northampton), Joe Rodon (Swansea City). MIDFIELDERS: Matthew Smith (Manchester City), Nathan Broadhead (Everton), Jack Evans (Swansea City), Mark Harris (Cardiff City), Joe Morrell (Bristol City – on loan at Cheltenham). FORWARDS: Tyler Roberts (West Bromwich Albion – on loan at Walsall), George Thomas (Leicester City), Rabbi Matondo (Manchester City), Alex Babos (Derby County), Harry Wilson (Liverpool).

Both qualifiers kick-off at 6pm and will be shown live on S4C Sgorio.