Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
To be fair to Slade, I saw him quite often at Development team matches at Leckwith and the Vale (even had a conversation with him once if thanking him for allowing me to get past him qualifies as one), so I take the point about it being hypercritical to criticise Slade and say nothing about Warnock. However, I will cut Warnock some slack for;-
1. Acting so quickly on an Academy and Development team system that wasn't working. The proof of the pudding will be in the results it produces of course, but the moving on of players in their early twenties who were stuck in a limbo between youth and first team football and the appointment of someone to oversee age group football at the club in the same way as Brian Flynn used to for Wales, seem like good moves to me - especially as the new appointee is someone like Craig Bellamy.
2. Less than three months into his time at Cardiff and Warnock has already done what Slade never did in almost two full season at the club - give an Academy graduate (in fact, Mark Harris is still eligible for our Under 18s this season) a first team debut.