Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
What are the first impressions of that Bolger we signed on loan?
He only came on for twenty minutes last week, I'm wary of saying he was an improvement on O'Keefe because you might think I'm damning him with faint praise but he slotted in well and contributed to a strong finish for us. I haven't seen his name mentioned with regards to yesterday's win but he played the 90 minutes and, presumably, played his part in the clean sheet.

It's an area we need to strengthen with Arter, Gunnarsson and Camarasa all likely to be leaving at the end of the season so let's hope this is leading somewhere positive. I like the look of Duffus at that level (but he seems to be made of glass), Humphries was excellent in a back three last week, Reynolds is impressing for the Academy, Spence is playing very well too but we really need one or two of these guys to push on now or its going to be an expensive rebuild in the summer. Too early to say whether Bolger is going to be the answer but the under-23s have two home games coming up so TOBW should be able to give us a better assessment of him soon.