Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
My first dvp game in a while and it was a strange watch. It seems best to view these games as if you're a player's parent, but objectively it seems impossible to really write anyone off at the moment. Also, I know the first team squad is stretched but wouldn't it be best to have at least one senior pointer and shouter on the pitch? Maybe they will next year.

What's the future of Jordan Blaise? He's 21 now and on current policy time might be running out. I thought he was a defender but came on in midfield last night so is possibly being tried there for a while longer?

All in all, a game for the patient and forgiving but this time next year might be more telling.
You and TOBW have just about covered everything there. I was thinking the same about having a senior player or two in the team last night. Earlier in the season, Cameron Coxe had to play at centre-half and Ajayi helped him through the game with the minimum of fuss. Similarly, Kennedy has played out on the left and given Abbruzzese terrific support, linking up going forward and tracking back to help out defensively. Coxe has been very average the last two times I've seen him while the excellent Abbruzzese has looked isolated and increasingly frustrated.

Not sure about Blaise. He could be released tomorrow as far as I know so no point in speculating too much but it'll be interesting to see what happens to him from here. I've only seen him as a centre-half, he's built like one for sure, I guess he got moved to the bench last night to make way for the trialist and was the only realistic option to replace the struggling Humphries in midfield. He's impressed me this season, physically strong and a better footballer than I'd previously given him credit for, but it's so hard to judge what level these guys are at from a handful of viewings at age-group level. It's a shame, and slightly surprising, that we didn't get him out on loan at some point this season.