Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Theo Wharton is away with the Under 21s and I think Tutonda is injured, but not sure why the others were missing. I'd be surprised if it was down to Neil Warnock's orders though - no sign of him at the game, but there was a decent crowd there, so it's possible he may have been there and I missed him.
I'm not expecting to see great football in the near future but I've seen a few things about Warnock in the past week that make me realise he's been a bit more random over the years than I'd thought. For example, I'd forgotten that he gave 15-year-old John Bostock his debut then his first start within a month of taking over at Palace, credit to him for that. Surely any decent manager would bring some of the more promising youngsters in to train with the first team when he takes over? Not only does it give him a chance to weigh up his options but it gives encouragement to all young players at the club as well as competition for some of the first-teamers who may be taking their places for granted.