+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 168 of 168 FirstFirst ... 68118158159160161162163164165166167168
Results 4,176 to 4,185 of 4185

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

3 more goals for Millwall in injury time. FT 8-4!!!

We'd come back from 3-1 and 4-2 to draw level through 4 Mannie Barton goals. Imagine scoring 4 but being on the wrong end of an 8-4 defeat!

Finished 8-4 to Millwall after getting back to 4-4 in the 85th minute. Only have the twitter feed to go on so not sure what happened but that's a rather alarming collapse. Big lesson to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I see Giles played today.
    At left back with Beecher ahead of him by the look of the highlights. Nice first goal here, good bit of positive play from Semenyo to set it all in motion. Great bit of wing play from Wigley to set up the second.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/vide...a-cc2bf408ded3

You may have seen this already but it's an interview with Darren Purse (and Tanatswa Nyakhuwa. Purse is the one with the London accent for anyone who's unsure). He says that Bulut does attend the u-21 games which is something you wondered about earlier in the thread.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/vide...9-448cbd09a9e5

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    At left back with Beecher ahead of him by the look of the highlights. Nice first goal here, good bit of positive play from Semenyo to set it all in motion. Great bit of wing play from Wigley to set up the second.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/vide...a-cc2bf408ded3

You may have seen this already but it's an interview with Darren Purse (and Tanatswa Nyakhuwa. Purse is the one with the London accent for anyone who's unsure). He says that Bulut does attend the u-21 games which is something you wondered about earlier in the thread.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/vide...9-448cbd09a9e5
    Wonder why Nyakhuwa was missing for the u21s and u18s this week, outside chance of being in the squad on Saturday perhaps?

Could well have been a late injury mind which saw Beecher moved forward

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Wonder why Nyakhuwa was missing for the u21s and u18s this week, outside chance of being in the squad on Saturday perhaps?

Could well have been a late injury mind which saw Beecher moved forward
    I mentioned yesterday about Nyakhuwa. He could be ill or taken a knock in training, of course, but I'd like to think he's going to get a run-out on Saturday. I've seen him twice in the last fortnight. Seems like more of a winger but both times he's started as the striker even though there was an alternative so it'll be interesting to see where Bulut uses him if he plays. He played as a winger in the FA Youth Cup game with Fulham before Xmas and was a handful before coming inside to play up the middle, did the reverse in the u-21 game last week. Seems comfortable with either position.

I've been impressed with him so far. He was quite isolated in the Academy game but he stuck to his task and he was more physical than I expected in the u-21 game. He nicked a goal off Twose there but he came across as a good team player overall, didn't overdo the solo stuff and worked hard throughout. It's a million miles from Championship football, I know, but there's some promise there.

AdrianAlston has talked about Beecher being more of a left winger than a full back, we'll see. With Giles, Beecher and Jac Thomas all coming through as left backs it's giving the club something to think about at that level.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I mentioned yesterday about Nyakhuwa. He could be ill or taken a knock in training, of course, but I'd like to think he's going to get a run-out on Saturday. I've seen him twice in the last fortnight. Seems like more of a winger but both times he's started as the striker even though there was an alternative so it'll be interesting to see where Bulut uses him if he plays. He played as a winger in the FA Youth Cup game with Fulham before Xmas and was a handful before coming inside to play up the middle, did the reverse in the u-21 game last week. Seems comfortable with either position.

I've been impressed with him so far. He was quite isolated in the Academy game but he stuck to his task and he was more physical than I expected in the u-21 game. He nicked a goal off Twose there but he came across as a good team player overall, didn't overdo the solo stuff and worked hard throughout. It's a million miles from Championship football, I know, but there's some promise there.

AdrianAlston has talked about Beecher being more of a left winger than a full back, we'll see. With Giles, Beecher and Jac Thomas all coming through as left backs it's giving the club something to think about at that level.
    All left footed players seem to start off with by being stuck at left back and then move forward or centrally if they prove the talent to justify it.

What did Jamie Carragher say about Right Backs; 'They are all failed wingers or centre halves, nobody grows up dreaming of becoming Gary Neville'.

Beechers best work is done in the opposition half, but he's a tough little bugger as well so could do a job in defence. You also missed off Tom Davies - a very cultured, intelligent footballer.

Nyakhuwa has a real chance. The epitome of a modern attacker and could play anywhere across the front three. Has pace, physique and a good work ethic. I hope he gets his chance on the weekend.

An argument for not spending budget on Karlan Grant for next season is that in a Bulut system, we have Isaak Davies, Ashford and Nyakhuwa all vying for that position. Together can they cover it as adequately or better than Grant has done this season? I think so, but expect some unheard of South-Eastern European to be signed instead.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    All left footed players seem to start off with by being stuck at left back and then move forward or centrally if they prove the talent to justify it.

What did Jamie Carragher say about Right Backs; 'They are all failed wingers or centre halves, nobody grows up dreaming of becoming Gary Neville'.

Beechers best work is done in the opposition half, but he's a tough little bugger as well so could do a job in defence. You also missed off Tom Davies - a very cultured, intelligent footballer.

Nyakhuwa has a real chance. The epitome of a modern attacker and could play anywhere across the front three. Has pace, physique and a good work ethic. I hope he gets his chance on the weekend.

An argument for not spending budget on Karlan Grant for next season is that in a Bulut system, we have Isaak Davies, Ashford and Nyakhuwa all vying for that position. Together can they cover it as adequately or better than Grant has done this season? I think so, but expect some unheard of South-Eastern European to be signed instead.
    I hadn't forgotten Tom Davies (or Bagan) but with his contract up soon (as far as I'm aware) and with him unable to get a kick at Kilmarnock recently, it feels like the writing is on the wall for him here. We'll see. The three I mentioned are around 17-18, I'm not sure how the club will develop all of them but I wouldn't like to be the one making that call.

I'd love to see Ashford, Nyakuhwa etc break through next season, of course, but there's a long way to go yet. Morison was tempted by Eli King but sent him out on loan for a season to Crewe in League 2 instead. He'd fallen out of the picture there by Xmas. I think it's wrong to assume that throwing youngsters into a Championship side will automatically benefit both them and the team. I don't think it works like that at all.

Free tickets available for the u15 Floodlit Cup Final v Burton at the CCS - 6pm on 9th May.

https://forms.office.com/pages/respo...&origin=QRCode

I will be travelling back from Pembroke that day, can anyone advise on parking please?

Can anyone get tickets?
    If so, do they check against some sort of list they compile?
    Last edited by cantonboy; Today at 17:06. Reason: brain froze

Quote Originally Posted by cantonboy View Post
    I will be travelling back from Pembroke that day, can anyone advise on parking please?

Can anyone get tickets?
    If so, do they check against some sort of list they compile?
    You should be able to use the stadium car park.