+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bulut talks/delay. Is it the club delaying or bulut?

Bulut talks/delay. Is it the club delaying or bulut?

We saw from bulut in January he's not afraid to play the sympathy card publicly. He's not bad at it either and obviously works with some people.

I wonder if he's been doing it again about his contract? The way dalman spoke publicly sounded like its bulut who is delaying things.

Unsurprisingly people seem to have accepted hes staying now but i still wouldn't be at all surprised if Saturday is his last game.

Re: Bulut talks/delay. Is it the club delaying or bulut?

No it wouldn’t surprise me either way, Lamouchi walked after talks. I get the impression Bulut wants a decent budget which won’t happen especially when you consider that Tan probably isn’t sure on him.

I wouldn't be at all surprised for him to see him leave after contract talks.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I wouldn't be at all surprised for him to see him leave after contract talks.
    The meeting is on the 4th floor and he’s struggling to press any button past 2.

It seems he waited long enough for the board to speak to him, so if the terms are not right for him he won’t stay.

He won’t be short of takers now.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    i still wouldn't be at all surprised if Saturday is his last game.
    We live in hope.

We saw from bulut in January he's not afraid to play the sympathy card publicly. He's not bad at it either and obviously works with some people.

I wonder if he's been doing it again about his contract? The way dalman spoke publicly sounded like its bulut who is delaying things.

Unsurprisingly people seem to have accepted hes staying now but i still wouldn't be at all surprised if Saturday is his last game.
    I mentioned on here that I feel Bulut, with a bit of help from Dalman, has played the media game well since he arrived to the extent that the hacks tend to be eating from his hands in many of the pre game briefings I’ve seen. The overwhelming impression given is that the delay has been entirely on the club’s side, but I think your question in the thread title is a fair one to ask - Dalman’s interruption to Saturday’s post game press conference certainly sounded like Bulut was still in need of some persuasion.

International

Maybe the club is playing the media and going through the motions, pretending to make him a good offer and budget, so they can say we tried, then appoint some yes-man Trollope/Harris-type apprentice. I don't think they will offer enough and he will leave but we'll know soon enough. At least if he does stay, it could be seen as an indication that he's been given reassurance that he can bring in players of the calibre he needs to push on.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I mentioned on here that I feel Bulut, with a bit of help from Dalman, has played the media game well since he arrived to the extent that the hacks tend to be eating from his hands in many of the pre game briefings I've seen.
    That might explain why all the local coverage seems to be very pro Bulut at the moment. WOL ran a opinion piece saying it would be madness not to keep him, and BBC Wales Sport have in the last 24 hours run stories listing fans' views on Bulut (all of which desperately want him to stay), comparing his win ratio (but not his loss ratio) to other Cardiff managers and telling us how Steven Caulker (who Bulut signed twice in Turkey) thinks he's the man for the job.
    I know a lot a Cardiff fans would agree with all of that, but a lot wouldn't. Doesn't seem very balanced to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    That might explain why all the local coverage seems to be very pro Bulut at the moment. WOL ran a opinion piece saying it would be madness not to keep him, and BBC Wales Sport have in the last 24 hours run stories listing fans' views on Bulut (all of which desperately want him to stay), comparing his win ratio (but not his loss ratio) to other Cardiff managers and telling us how Steven Caulker (who Bulut signed twice in Turkey) thinks he's the man for the job.
    I know a lot a Cardiff fans would agree with all of that, but a lot wouldn't. Doesn't seem very balanced to me.
    I suppose there's a natural inclination not to upset important people at the club is something to do with it - the one person among those running the club off the pitch who may be anti Bulut does not spend much time in this country, so I can understand that attitude to a degree, but the media aren't giving a true reflection of how Bulut is perceived by many City fans in my view. I don't know what the proportions would be, but although I doubt if it's a majority who want him out, I think it's not unrealistic to say a sizeable minority do and not all of them are mad, as some in the media claim, by any means.

International

Interesting to know the overall fan's view, I would say
    this board 55% to stay
    Other board 70% to stay
    Fans in the ground 66%

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Interesting to know the overall fan's view, I would say
    this board 55% to stay
    Other board 70% to stay
    Fans in the ground 66%
    Not sure those numbers are right,You should run a poll.

International

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Not sure those numbers are right,You should run a poll.
    Yes, it's only a guess, this board especially may be more anti?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Yes, it's only a guess, this board especially may be more anti?
    Don't forget that a lot of people haven't expressed an opinion. Don't fall in to the trap of thinking that the vocal minority speak for us all.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Don't forget that a lot of people haven't expressed an opinion. Don't fall in to the trap of thinking that the vocal minority speak for us all.
    Exactly - might be worth doing a list of post frequency by individuals as there are a range of contributions on here - some prolific some not so much

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Exactly - might be worth doing a list of post frequency by individuals as there are a range of contributions on here - some prolific some not so much
    I think youll find North Cardif Blue makes around 100 posts a day and hes very much in the Pro-Bulut camp.