Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
When I say Hereford get decent crowds in comparison to our under-23s I'm referring to quantity rather than quality, of course.

Where is Spence playing for the Academy to be getting all these goals? I haven't seen much of him but he looked a bit lost last season playing wide in a front 3, he was far more comfortable in the midfield without ever looking like a goalscorer in the way that Waite does. Obviously, the Academy is an easier level for him but is it as simple as that or has he changed his style of play at all?
Spence is playing more of a number ten role these days and has occasionally been used as a striker, his finishing has improved as he has gained confidence from scoring more often and also because you only have to watch this season's Academy team play for a short while to realise that he is the one they look to for attacking inspiration - he was good at Under 18 level last season, but sometime could fade out of games , it's different this season though, because he is a central figure in the team as opposed to someone who was often taking a back seat to the more established members of the side.