+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Fair points, but it doesn't really address the one that stands out here - why is a kid who was considered good enough to feature regularly in the Development team at the back end of last season and must have done well enough at that level to be considered ready to be a part of the first team squad for a game against a side that went up, now consigned, almost exclusively, to the youth team?

Since I wrote my previous message on Sion Spence, I received some information which may answer the question I posed above, but, as it was confidential in nature, I can't pass it on here I'm sorry. What I can say though is that it wasn't just Rabbi Matondo who Man City were interested in a year or two back, there was another City youngster they tried to sign, who opted to stay with us after being told that he would be given the sort of chance to prove himself ready for the first team at a younger age than the club have been in the habit of doing with others in recent years. Now, I wonder if playing for the youth team week in, week out, a few months after you were deemed to be ready for the first team fits that criteria? To this observer, there seems a danger that a different decision will be made next time contract discussions are due and if that happens, then the club will have, once again, demonstrated their inability to develop gifted youngsters in a manner which benefits it in terms of producing their own first team players.
    It's not really that confidential, pretty well known other clubs were after him.

As for the rest, last season he could have been thrown on for a game when we had dead rubber matches.

Now? Completely different situation. I suspect most players and parents would understand that - he's plenty of time ahead of him. We also don't know what goes on at training, for example - they may have seen signs of possible regression, wanted him to stay at that level to get confidence back etc.

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    It's not really that confidential, pretty well known other clubs were after him.

As for the rest, last season he could have been thrown on for a game when we had dead rubber matches.

Now? Completely different situation. I suspect most players and parents would understand that - he's plenty of time ahead of him. We also don't know what goes on at training, for example - they may have seen signs of possible regression, wanted him to stay at that level to get confidence back etc.
    Er you don't seem to understand, I said I wouldn't reveal the confidential information I had been given and I did that because it was given to me in confidence, so I was hardly going to then tell all and sundry what it was - nothing in my message related to the nature of the information I was given.