Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
I like the way this thread works but sometimes a game deserves a thread of it's own, last night's was certainly one of those. The first goal didn't come till the 37th minute but Watford were still lucky to only concede seven. Jamie Bird seemed to be struggling for confidence, he could easily have had a hat-trick in the second half if he'd been as calm as Waite in front of goal. A fantastic display of football, so good to watch.

The other subs last night were Sam Bowen (I saw Jason there, I hope he didn't see it as a wasted trip), Ollie Byrne and Jack Bodenham. I think the stewards are under orders not to give you a team sheet after your continual misbehaviour up at the Vale last season.

I would like to think that Sam's dad would have liked watching a City team playing Jason Bowen type football even if his son didn't get on the pitch.

I was very impressed by Bodenham when he came on as a sub in the last home game against Burnley.

Early in the season, Jamie Bird was the stand out young player in the Under 23 team and I wouldn't have thought you would have got any of the regulars at these games taking a bet which said that City would score seven and Bird wouldn't get one of them. I didn't think he played badly last night and like to think others have caught him up as opposed to him going backwards, but the loan to Weston doesn't seem to have worked out for him - I suppose there is always a chance of this happening (I remember Semi Ajayi and Ben Wilson having loan spells at AFC Wimbledon which didn't end well) and when you see the sort of signs of progress in younger players that recent home Development team games have shown, then the adage about them needing to be away somewhere playing first team football doesn't seem quite as relevant,

I agree with you about Watford being lucky that it was only 7-1 - 10-1 honestly wouldn't have flattered City.

I also agree with you about the game deserving it's own thread - it should be getting more attention than it is on here, maybe starting a separate thread will get more people reading about the game.