+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Although they are usually so impressive when they play at home, City's new look Under 23s still can't get it right on the road - they were beaten 3-1 at Bolton last night.

Another defeat for the Under 18s on Saturday, but as they only lost 2-0 to a Coventry team which beat them 7-0 at Leckwith about six weeks ago and were recording their tenth successive victory, it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it might have been beforehand.
    What are your thoughts on Rabbi Matondo finally being given clearance to play for Manchester City? Do you think he would have been better off staying and playing in the revamped Development structure?

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    What are your thoughts on Rabbi Matondo finally being given clearance to play for Manchester City? Do you think he would have been better off staying and playing in the revamped Development structure?
    Definitely, but maybe I'm biased! That said, I truly believe that Matondo will have to be a truly outstanding talent if he is to make a first team career for himself at Man City and, although he stood out because of his pace and, to a lesser extent, skill at Cardiff, I didn't see the all round game to believe that he would be that good. For example, Aaron Ramsey played most of his Under eighteen team football for Cardiff before he was seventeen and impressed me far more than Matondo did - I think he'll make a good career for himself somewhere if he can add physical strength and more game awareness while keeping his pace mind.