+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Piers Morgan Baby Reindeer interview

International

Piers Morgan Baby Reindeer interview

Thoughts?

Two very mixed up people Gadd and her, how many emails do you think there will be 41,000 or 10, for someone with a photographic memory she can't remember a lot?

The program itself was entertaining enough but it's opened a can of worms that could run for years, she seems to be getting her Susan Boyle type moment of fame.

Re: Piers Baby Reindeer interview

Shouldn’t be parading some woman with mental health issues around on tv like some circus oddity.

If it was a man stalker would it be allowed?

Re: Piers Morgan Baby Reindeer interview

I do love a Piers interview he is good at his job . I thought he treated her with a lot more consideration than when interview some like Corbyn now thats worth watching he absolutely did him and his Untite feckwitt buddy Len McCluskey fancy having to take carer and your body guard Len to a interview with Piers .

What interview are we talking about ?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Shouldn’t be parading some woman with mental health issues around on tv like some circus oddity.

If it was a man stalker would it be allowed?
    Have you seen it, any good?

I know its been in the theaters for years, but i'm sometimes skeptical of theater adaptions to TV. My 14 year old said it was quite dark but funny.

I feel sorry for her, I would like to believe her. She is clearly not well from watching the show but then he is more than a little odd.

It all depends how much is true really, I don’t think either of them come out of this well, although no doubt he’s going to be able to cash in on this and will get future work from it.

International

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I feel sorry for her, I would like to believe her. She is clearly not well from watching the show but then he is more than a little odd.

It all depends how much is true really, I don’t think either of them come out of this well, although no doubt he’s going to be able to cash in on this and will get future work from it.
    Yes already talking about follow up series.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Yes already talking about follow up series.
    At worse he will be in I’m a celeb at some point.

Like Piers said they didn’t really try to hide who she was.

Wouldn't it be great if the whole story is made up and she's an actor and it's one of the most brilliant marketing campaigns ever for a TV show. I haven't watched it but every time I go onto the internet or turn on the TV there seems to be another story about it giving it more and more free air time.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What interview are we talking about ?
    The real Martha, she mentioned a lively time with a heavy metal City fan from Bridgend that she had a fling with in the 80's.

I have watched 'Baby Reindeer', and it is excellent television - streets ahead of some of the mindless pap they put out these days - BUT it IS very dark, and it certainly won't be to everyone's taste. If you haven't seen it, it's about a guy stalked by a clingy woman, but it doesn't go the way you'd expect it to. Not at all. Some of it you'll probably watch through your fingers.
    In fact, the story is so mind-boggling that it's hard to believe it is actually true. The writer (and main actor) has stressed that it IS true, so you have to wonder why on earth he would want all that information out in the public domain? Some some of mental catharsis, perhaps, but still.
    Also, by insisting that it is indeed true, he's left himself open to possible legal action, from not one, but at least two of the people represented in the show. Netflix must have gone from celebrating a big hit with massive viewer numbers, to wondering when the lawsuits were going to arrive. But if it isn't true, then he's been lying not only to Netflix, but to the public as well.
    What's clear is that there are at least three people who need serious help, not only dealing with the aftermath of this public outing, but also with their own inner demons.

Cool Re: Piers Morgan Baby Reindeer interview

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I have watched 'Baby Reindeer', and it is excellent television - streets ahead of some of the mindless pap they put out these days - BUT it IS very dark, and it certainly won't be to everyone's taste. If you haven't seen it, it's about a guy stalked by a clingy woman, but it doesn't go the way you'd expect it to. Not at all. Some of it you'll probably watch through your fingers.
    In fact, the story is so mind-boggling that it's hard to believe it is actually true. The writer (and main actor) has stressed that it IS true, so you have to wonder why on earth he would want all that information out in the public domain? Some some of mental catharsis, perhaps, but still.
    Also, by insisting that it is indeed true, he's left himself open to possible legal action, from not one, but at least two of the people represented in the show. Netflix must have gone from celebrating a big hit with massive viewer numbers, to wondering when the lawsuits were going to arrive. But if it isn't true, then he's been lying not only to Netflix, but to the public as well.
    What's clear is that there are at least three people who need serious help, not only dealing with the aftermath of this public outing, but also with their own inner demons.
    Thanks. That and my daughters review i'll probably watch it.

Its funny to see some of the comments here, as if Richard Gadd is just some lad off the streets and not an award winning and nominated writer, actor, & comedian and an ambassador for a charity of sexual abuse survivers. Why does everything have to an ultera motive.

As for those concerned about Netflix lawyers, giving that this show has been running in theaters since his Edinburgh fringe show in 2019 i'd say they feel they are in pretty safe ground, but then again i didn't study law, i studied Theater

More importunately though, was the person being interviewed by Piers asked to condemn Hamas at the start?

i have watched it, it's ok.Two very unlikable characters. Very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Have you seen it, any good?

I know its been in the theaters for years, but i'm sometimes skeptical of theater adaptions to TV. My 14 year old said it was quite dark but funny.
    The Netflix show is a good watch but avoided the interview with the actual woman.

It’s kept its theatre feel.