Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
Glen Williams reporting "big six figure fees" for both

Ampadu was about £2.5m in the end I think, he and Elliott's deals went to a tribunal. Only reasons I can see is that they played in first team games

I do think we're far too cautious about giving young players a shot, look at someone like Conway at Bristol City, he was playing for Bath last season and is now in their first team. Sometimes they just need opportunity. We're still cautious giving players like Colwill & Davies runs in the team when the guys ahead of them are consistently poor
Not for the first time, I'm extremely confused. I thought EPPP was fixed and yet, it isn't. We need to start chucking young lads in but WBA do that all the time, are Cat 1 and their best players almost always go to Villa.

It is annoying because Crew, Biancheri, Benjamin and Perrett are probably the ones that would be future Cardiff players, I highly doubt if they'll make it at Man City etc, and they'd be the ones to break through. It is a bit of a vicious cycle.

Let's hope the club sit down with Perrett etc and can map out his path to convince him to stay, if he is this highly rated. The other thing is, that most of the young players that Swansea sell, and Bristol City, aren't actually their academy prospects either. James is from Hull, McBurnie was at Bradford, Alex Scott was from Guernsey and Semenyo came from South Glos College, all after 17. We've not given them loads of game time this year but Sang, Denham and Bagan have all broken through, while Colwill and Davies have made the jump. I'd rather we gave them a go than play Sawyers and Simpson, who are so far off the level, a young lad could not be less effective even if they aren't quite up to it.