+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 42 of 164 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 4078

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Another sign that Cardiff City are certainly very competitive at the lower age levels - maybe we can expect a local youngster in the first team some time around 2025!

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...lift-rams-cup/

The Under 18s kick off at 11 o clock this morning at Sheffield United in the game they have in hand over league leaders Ipswich. Unfortunately, they are still missing several important players through injury, but at least Kieron Evans is back today.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The Under 18s kick off at 11 o clock this morning at Sheffield United in the game they have in hand over league leaders Ipswich. Unfortunately, they are still missing several important players through injury, but at least Kieron Evans is back today.
    1-1 after half an hour, Dan Griffiths with an equaliser from the penalty spot.

1-1 after half an hour, Dan Griffiths with an equaliser from the penalty spot.
    1-1 at half time.

1-1 at half time.
    Beaten 2-1 after hitting the woodwork four times in the second half!

The Development and Academy teams are both in action this lunchtime.

The Under 23s are at Birmingham for a 12 o clock kick off, while the Under 18s start at 11 at Crewe with Connor Davies and Ryan Reynolds back after missing a few matches, but there's still no Sion Spence or Isaak Davies.

The Under 18s have hit a end of season wall with today's 3-1 defeat at Crewe coming against a side at the bottom of the Northern Section that has lost their last nine matches. Dan Griffiths gave City a first half lead, but they fell apart after that and had Keenan Pattern sent off - they still should make the Play Offs, but I dread to think what will happen to them in them if they keep on playing like they have been recently.

The Under 23's, who fielded a team full of trialists, are losing by the same score - Stuart O'Keefe has just scored a consolation goal in added time at the end of the game.

Results elsewhere (Ipswich were hammered 4-0 at Sheffield Wednesday and Millwall lost 3-1 at Barnsley) mean that City Under 18s can;-

1. Still win their league - Ipswich are two points clear with games against Sheffield United (H) and Palace (A) left to play, while we face Bolton (A) and Burnley (H).
    2. Have qualified for the end of season Play Offs as a top two finisher in the Southern Section. We will contest the Play Offs (which have been over just one game in the past and we can probably expect them both to be away if we stay in our current position) with Ipswich, Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday and it has to be said that we have limped over the line following three consecutive defeats - in fact, if you include the loss to Swansea in the Welsh Youth Cup, we've only won two out of our last nine, are we missing Craig Bellamy I wonder?

Whatever, congratulations to the Under 18s for what, I believe, will be a first in the history of our Academy.

A 1-1 draw for the under 18s today at Bolton. Dan Griffiths with the goal, his 16th of the season, which takes him two clear at the top of the goalscorers chart for that league. A very promising first season with us, seems less injury prone than most of the other talented lads we have in our youth set-up too, hopefully he'll be able to push on next season.

A brief report on the game here.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-cardiff-city/

Last game of the regular league season for the Under 18s tomorrow when they entertain Burnley - anyone thinking of going should note that the match is at Treforest, kicking off at 11 o clock.

City have gone from 1-0 down 33 minutes to 3-1 up after forty in their Under 18s game with Burnley.

Sam Bowen, Connor Davies and Kieron Evans have got the goals.

A 5-1 win for City with further goals from Dan Griffiths and Siyobonga Licenza against opponents who had a player sent off early in the second half.

3-2 win for the under-23s tonight, good game too. I've done a brief match report but the internet's gone down here so I'll try and retrieve it in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    3-2 win for the under-23s tonight, good game too. I've done a brief match report but the internet's gone down here so I'll try and retrieve it in the morning.
    A 3-2 win for the under-23s against Bolton tonight. Far from the meaningless, end of season fare I was expecting, it was very competitive from start to finish and played at a high tempo. We went with a back three of Ryan Price sitting between the two centre backs, Joel Bagan and trialist Tyrone Kirunda (all three did well) with Jazz Richards pushing on from right back and a very energetic Cameron Coxe up the left. Wootton and a slightly disappointing Bolger sat in midfield with a front three made up of Danny Ward and two trialists, Shamar Moore and the excellently named Ayo Faniyan, all three getting a goal.

It was a system that suited the players available. The link up play wasn't as good as it could've been but it was a bit of a mix and match team so that was understandable. Moore showed some nice touches but was a bit wasteful at times, trying too hard to make an impression maybe, and Faniyan faded after a very promising start during which he smashed the bar from long range as well as scoring with a header.

We were cruising at 2-0 but, for some reason, Bagan was brought off with quarter of an hour to go and, although Ward scored soon after with an excellent goal, there was a bit of panic at the back. Smithies misjudged a free kick and then Danny Williams gifted Bolton a second which led to a nervy final few minutes but we held on, largely due to some good work from Kirunda who battled to the end despite suffering from cramp.

I haven't seen many under-23 games this season but have been entertained by what I've seen. We seem to be moving away from anything first team related in terms of tactics after flirting, disastrously, with it last season and it now looks like a set-up that the promising Academy lads coming through should be able to adapt to comfortably. If they can stay fit that is. An incredible number of injuries at youth level this season, hopefully it's just been bad luck rather than a flaw with our training programme.

Thanks for that, it looks like Moore and Faniyan were both with Reading with the latter having a trial at West Ham earlier this season, while Kirunda is/was on Charlton's books.

Thanks Loramski. Interesting to see Smithies, Richards and Ward playing. I had virtually forgotten about Ward and I think he would have been tried up front by now if he could have stayed fit. Richards would also have been an option at right back but he's likely to be on his way. As for Smithies, I'd like to know what's happened there because he seems to have become third choice behind Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Thanks Loramski. Interesting to see Smithies, Richards and Ward playing. I had virtually forgotten about Ward and I think he would have been tried up front by now if he could have stayed fit. Richards would also have been an option at right back but he's likely to be on his way. As for Smithies, I'd like to know what's happened there because he seems to have become third choice behind Murphy.
    He's been troubled by an injury for the last few months Clive and Neil Warnock was saying that he's only just become available again - I think it's likely that he will be back as second choice to Etheridge soon.

Congratulations to our Under 18 side who have become Champions of Professional Development League Two South. Ipswich were away to Crystal Palace this afternoon knowing that a win would make them league winners, but, leading 1-0, they were denied by a late home equaliser and so there will be at least one more home match for our Academy team who will play the runners up of the Northern Section (it will be Sheffield Wednesday or Leeds - Wednesday need to avoid defeat in a derby game against United on Saturday to win the title) in a one off Semi Final.

http://youthhawk.co.uk/w/index.php/2...er-18_League_2

Video highlights are up for both the under-18s and the under-23s wins against Burnley & Bolton respectively. You have to scroll down a bit to find them, the first team must have had a game this week as they seem to be taking up a bit of space.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/card...video-archive/

If you aren't going to Fulham and fancy watching some live football on Saturday, why not go along to Cardiff City Stadium for the Academy teams Play Off Semi Final against Leeds - kick off is at 11 o clock.

http://www.dai-sport.com/young-blueb...s-united-home/

Just a reminder that the Under 18s' Play Off Semi Final against Leeds takes place this morning at Cardiff City Stadium with an 11 o clock kick off - admission is free.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-on-27-apr-19/

Just a reminder that the Under 18s' Play Off Semi Final against Leeds takes place this morning at Cardiff City Stadium with an 11 o clock kick off - admission is free.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-on-27-apr-19/
    Excellent 2-1 win for us with goals from Patten and Griffiths. An even game on the whole but we were 2-0 up at half time and had just started to take a grip on the second half when TOBW decided to say that we were going to score another soon which immediately changed the shape of the game. Leeds got it back to 2-1 and were making it difficult for us but we managed to take control again and saw out the final 10 minutes by keeping possession impressively. A good team performance overall, my eldest picked Ben Margetson as man of the match and I'm happy to go along with that.

Our under-18s will be playing Sheffield Wednesday in the league play-off final at Hillsborough on Friday, 7.00 kick off.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2019/apr...-hillsborough/

How many goals has Griffiths got this season?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    How many goals has Griffiths got this season?
    28 I believe.