+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Highlights of the under-23s win at Millwall here. Something tells me that Dan Martin missed Warnock's e-mail explaining what he expects from his full backs.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/card...video-archive/ (U23 Highlights; Millwall)
    You can't read too much into three or four minutes highlights, but that was like that Welsh Youth Cup match when Martin seemed to be directly involved in all ten of the goals we scored - he was, apparently, at the heart of all of our best attacking moves on Monday and a clean sheet suggests it wasn't at the cost of his defensive responsibilities.

I thought he was good against Coventry the week before as well.

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You can't read too much into three or four minutes highlights, but that was like that Welsh Youth Cup match when Martin seemed to be directly involved in all ten of the goals we scored - he was, apparently, at the heart of all of our best attacking moves on Monday and a clean sheet suggests it wasn't at the cost of his defensive responsibilities.

I thought he was good against Coventry the week before as well.
    Yes, he seems in a good run of form at the minute. I enjoyed his performance against Coventry, he was relentless. Even if the ball didn't get to him three or four times in a row he kept making the run and then, when he did get it, there was usually a decent end product.

He seems the kind of full back who'd thrive in both the unusual back three/four system that the Academy play and the more regular back three/five system that the DVP team have recently adopted so it's hardly surprising his performances have been so good of late. In fact, he should thrive in any back three variation- bar one, of course.