+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

My take on yesterday's miserable Academy defeat by Charlton;-

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My take on yesterday's miserable Academy defeat by Charlton;-

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    When we sent a couple of Academy lads on loan to his local team, Cinderford, last season, I asked Des Parrot whether it's worth sending youngsters out to play at that level of football. He was quite positive but said 'The pitches are probably the biggest issue, not being able to run with or pass the ball, its a leveller'.

I'm sure there are reasons for playing age-group games at Leckwith Stadium but I'd be hard-pressed to think of a good one. If I had to come up with the perfect environment for youngsters to hone their skills in a game situation then a ploughed field in a wind tunnel would probably not make the shortlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    When we sent a couple of Academy lads on loan to his local team, Cinderford, last season, I asked Des Parrot whether it's worth sending youngsters out to play at that level of football. He was quite positive but said 'The pitches are probably the biggest issue, not being able to run with or pass the ball, its a leveller'.

I'm sure there are reasons for playing age-group games at Leckwith Stadium but I'd be hard-pressed to think of a good one. If I had to come up with the perfect environment for youngsters to hone their skills in a game situation then a ploughed field in a wind tunnel would probably not make the shortlist.
    The pitch at Leckwith has never been great, but it seems worse this year, there's one corner of it where it's at the stage where you should expect a bobble.