+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 46 of 164 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696146 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 4078

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    The highlights of the cup win are on Club TV if anyone's interested.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/video/player/0_csy9m1wa

No point in going over the top about Isaak Davies at this stage but there are a couple of things worth noting. I saw him playing out on the wing last season and he looked completely lost, I think Saturday was the third time I've seen him there this season and he's been effective each time, on either wing. Sometimes he just uses his pace to go up the touchline but he likes to cut in too, even on the half way line. This can look slightly odd as he's running into the traffic of retreating defenders but he's obviously hoping to either link up with the centre forward or switch play to the other flank then burst forward for the return ball or cross.

The other thing about him, which I hadn't noticed before, is that he seems very comfortable on either foot. The two early shots in Saturday's game see him working himself onto his left but the burst into the box near the end of normal time finishes with an excellent cross to Crole with his right.

I guess it's this unpredictability about his play that leads to the winner. He gets in a classic winger's position but he deals with it better than most natural wingers would in that situation (I could name four off the top of my head). He moves forwards with some step overs and the full back obviously hasn't got a clue where Davies is going, or even where he should be showing him to go. Davies flicks it to the by-line and gets the half a yard he needs to pull back a perfect cross (with his right) for Crole to convert. A terrific bit of play.

Mayembe's magic was missed on Saturday but Davies stepped up to provide the match winning moments in a very encouraging performance from him.

Some reaction from coach and players here.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...swich-town-aet
    Thanks for that, good analysis.

The Under 18s are in action tomorrow morning against Palace at Leckwith, kick off 11 o clock;-

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...crystal-palace

The Under 18s take on top of the table Millwall at Leckwith today, kick off midday.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The Under 18s take on top of the table Millwall at Leckwith today, kick off midday.
    A 3-2 loss I see, good that Mayembe is back though. If we can beat Bournemouth on Tuesday then we'll play Millwall at home again in the next round of the FA Youth Cup.

Where did Sang play on Monday, where do you think his best position is? The Carlisle cup-tie was frustrating for me. With Sang on the bench I was intending to talk quite loudly about him to my sons so that everyone nearby would be impressed by my knowledge. I realised that I haven't actually seen him play yet but that didn't bother me, I was just going to repeat all the things you'd written about him, it would have the same effect. Then I noticed you were sitting behind me and I thought better of it.

A 3-2 loss I see, good that Mayembe is back though. If we can beat Bournemouth on Tuesday then we'll play Millwall at home again in the next round of the FA Youth Cup.

Where did Sang play on Monday, where do you think his best position is? The Carlisle cup-tie was frustrating for me. With Sang on the bench I was intending to talk quite loudly about him to my sons so that everyone nearby would be impressed by my knowledge. I realised that I haven't actually seen him play yet but that didn't bother me, I was just going to repeat all the things you'd written about him, it would have the same effect. Then I noticed you were sitting behind me and I thought better of it.
    Were you? I must have been too engrossed in the game to have noticed. Sang was the one who got forward more in a central l midfield pairing with Sam Bowen on Monday, but I'm still not sure of his best position because I've seen him play in a deeper central role as well as all along the left hand side of the pitch. He looks an accomplished footballer, but I was a little surprised to see him selected in the first team squad - although I would say that he has been more impressive than some of the other older Under 23 team players who have been brought in over the past two years or so.

Millwall beat us 3-0 at their place earlier in the season and were worth more than a 3-2 win yesterday. They'd probably be too strong for us if we met them again in the Youth Cup - here are my thoughts on yesterday's match;-

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Jack Bodenham, Keenan Patten and Sion Spence all played for the Under 23s against Colchester at Leckwith, so presumably their loans have ended? Another player returned from a loan spell, Mark Harris, scored both goals in a 2-1 win.

Good luck to City's youngsters tonight in their FA Youth Cup tie at Bournemouth;=

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...s-cardiff-city

If you get to read this Loramski, do you know if City, and Swansea, are in the Welsh Youth Cup this season? They've usually played a couple of rounds by this time in the season, but I've seen nothing this year.

Paul, what is your view on the progress of some of the players, we have some out on loan but, at the same time, we have the likes of Coxe, Sang and Bowen who either played or were on the bench in the Carlisle cup game. Are those out on loan not as far developed (if that's the right word) as the three in the squad against Carlisle ? I get the impression that most of our loans seem to be to teams in the Cymru Premier, if that is correct do you think that is the right place? You would have thought that League 2 would be a level at which they could gain more relevant experience ( if they are up to it). Also, what about Bolger the great Irish hope ?

Jack Bodenham, Keenan Patten and Sion Spence all played for the Under 23s against Colchester at Leckwith, so presumably their loans have ended? Another player returned from a loan spell, Mark Harris, scored both goals in a 2-1 win.
    Piece on end of Patten and Spence loans:

https://clwbpeldroed.org/2020/01/13/...arry-penybont/

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Paul, what is your view on the progress of some of the players, we have some out on loan but, at the same time, we have the likes of Coxe, Sang and Bowen who either played or were on the bench in the Carlisle cup game. Are those out on loan not as far developed (if that's the right word) as the three in the squad against Carlisle ? I get the impression that most of our loans seem to be to teams in the Cymru Premier, if that is correct do you think that is the right place? You would have thought that League 2 would be a level at which they could gain more relevant experience ( if they are up to it). Also, what about Bolger the great Irish hope ?
    Most of the players out on loan to Cymru Premier clubs were in the Youth side last season, so they are first year pros Rob. The standard in that league isn't too bad and I'd prefer them to be playing football against men every week as opposed to turning out for the under 23s. They are all ages 18 and 19 I believe and I don't think it does their development any harm to be playing at that level at that age.

However, you do make some important points, the number of City youngsters that have been loaned out to Football League clubs is very small and I'd say there are three possible reasons for that. First, we ask too much in loan fees, but then that would seem to make my second reason invalid because if it were a deliberate policy to only send our teenagers to Cymru Premier sides, I wouldn't have thought loan fees would amount to much at all - the third reason would be that our young players are too poor for Football League teams to be interested in - I'm sure there'll be those who'll say that this is the reason, but I'm not convinced about that - Wales age group squads generally have lots of City players in them.

Regarding Aaron Bolger, he's not played for the Under 23s for some time - he had a spell out injured earlier in the season and I assume that's the reason for his recent absences as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Piece on end of Patten and Spence loans:

https://clwbpeldroed.org/2020/01/13/...arry-penybont/
    Thanks Jon, a bit disappointing that Ratcliffe has been on the bench later for Barry and I would have hoped Spence would have scored more goals for them, but that's probably unfair because I have no idea what position he has been playing in for them.

Good luck to City's youngsters tonight in their FA Youth Cup tie at Bournemouth;=

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...s-cardiff-city

If you get to read this Loramski, do you know if City, and Swansea, are in the Welsh Youth Cup this season? They've usually played a couple of rounds by this time in the season, but I've seen nothing this year.
    Pass. The draw for the quarter finals has been made and neither Swansea or us are in it. I can't find any info as to why not either. Another odd thing is that our Academy appear to have a couple of blank weekends coming up as though they've been set aside for cup ties but we're not in it. No idea what's happened, sorry.

The Youth Cup game at Bournemouth is being streamed on CardiffCityTV if you fancy watching some 'tippy tappy nonsense'. We've been doing ok but have just gone 1-0 down.

Inside the last ten minutes, still 1-0 to Bournemouth, but they have had a player sent off. Awful conditions - I hope I'm proved wrong, but City look like they could play until Saturday and not score.

Inside the last ten minutes, still 1-0 to Bournemouth, but they have had a player sent off. Awful conditions - I hope I'm proved wrong, but City look like they could play until Saturday and not score.
    Yes, Isaak Davies had a great chance to chip the keeper but other than that we didn't create the clear cut openings that we probably should've done considering how much possession and control we had, second half in particular.

The loans of James Waite and Dan Martin from Cardiff City have both been extended at Weston Super Mare.

Manager Scott Bartlett said:

I am delighted obviously and it was always the plan, as long as all parties were happy with progress.

They have settled in very well and we hope to have them now until the end of the season.

What has impressed us the most is their desire to play for Weston and continue to learn.

They have had a new manager to impress at Cardiff and what better way to do it than continue to make an impression out on loan.

Shame about James Waite, unless they feel, being at Weston would really enhance his chances next year. I've seen him number of times and always been impressed, he's small but very busy and has a great shot on him.

Couldn't make the under-18s game today, unfortunately. We went 3-0 up on Colchester after 17 minutes, were 4-3 down by half time but came back to win 5-4, Mayembe getting the winner. It didn't quite make the ten goals from the first meeting this season (City won 7-3) but it sounds entertaining enough. Hopefully TOBW was there, should be an interesting match report.

Couldn't make the under-18s game today, unfortunately. We went 3-0 up on Colchester after 17 minutes, were 4-3 down by half time but came back to win 5-4, Mayembe getting the winner. It didn't quite make the ten goals from the first meeting this season (City won 7-3) but it sounds entertaining enough. Hopefully TOBW was there, should be an interesting match report.
    Frayed knot;-

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

We'll have to make do with this report then.

https://viewfromtheninian.com/2020/0...ster-united-4/

I can't think of a 5-4 game that I've watched since the Plymouth cup tie in '86 so it would've been a rare occurrence for me. Maybe I'll be on here tomorrow night bumping this post after a 5-4 win against WBA? Maybe not.

To follow on from narrow wins for the Academy and first team this week, the under-23s won 3-2 at Palace yesterday having been 2-0 down after an hour and 2-1 down going into the final six minutes. Trystan Jones, Kieron Evans and Sion Spence with the goals.

A report off the Palace site here.

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2020/jan...opment-league/

To follow on from narrow wins for the Academy and first team this week, the under-23s won 3-2 at Palace yesterday having been 2-0 down after an hour and 2-1 down going into the final six minutes. Trystan Jones, Kieron Evans and Sion Spence with the goals.

A report off the Palace site here.

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2020/jan...opment-league/
    Good to see so many Academy products in the team .

A 3-2 defeat at Bristol City for the Academy today having been 2-1 up with three minutes to go. Ryan Kavanagh with both our goals.

A few changes to the team today. No idea if this means that a couple of the lads will be playing for the under-23s at Millwall on Monday to cover selections to the first team for Tuesday but one notable absentee today was Ntazana Mayembe who, hopefully, will be getting a run out himself on Tuesday. With our three regular wingers all seemingly on the naughty step it would be a good time to impress, if he gets the chance.

A 3-0 defeat for the under-23s at Millwall today. Report and team here.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...0-cardiff-city

Coxe played but Bowen, Sang and Mayembe didn't. Our three loan signings are ineligible for the Reading game tomorrow and Neil Harris has said 'there may be a chance for a few younger lads to be involved' (he's such a tease) so the signs are there that we could be getting another chance to watch some youngsters warming up tomorrow. Let's not get ahead of ourselves and wish for more at this stage, it's the hope that kills you.

Tonight's under-23 game with Bristol City at the CCS was postponed and will now be played tomorrow at 19.00, unless you're reading this tomorrow in which case yesterday's game was postponed and will now be played tonight. If you're reading this on Wednesday then you've missed it.

It's live on City tv tonight at -
    Cardiffcityfc.co.uk/video/live
    Currently 0-0