+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 167 of 167 FirstFirst ... 67117157158159160161162163164165166167
Results 4,151 to 4,158 of 4158

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Brilliant team goal makes it 5

5-1, another for Nyakhuwa, a lovely passing move which reminded of that goal by James Waite for the under 23s it probably was back then when we put together a forty odd pass move.

Relating to my post above, here’s my blog piece on the game which featured what I called an extraordinary goal.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/maybe...ive-after-all/

Finished 5-1.

Cracking goal that 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    And another. Colwill bossing the game.
    Colwill jnr has got the lot, workrate, drive, energy and scores goals. He should be above Wintle in the pecking order. He and Ashford have been a class above this season for the U21's.

Nyakuhwa is another that should be pushing the 1st team squad, he has physique, pace and scores goals. He is probably the next cab off the rank. Still an U18

First under-21 game I've been able to get to this season, better late than never and a decent one to start with. An impressive showing all round (apart from some chaotic passing out from the back) and the comments on here have covered most of it, including the terrific fifth goal. Peterborough were poor and had three trialists in their line-up but that shouldn't take away from the positive performance.

As with the Academy last week, the u-21s basically have the same set-up as the first team. The full backs were taking up some interesting positions at times but on the whole we're playing the same system and that has to be a good thing as lads are moving up through the levels here. A mixture of u-18s and u-21s today but everyone knew what they were doing and even when players had to change position they knew what was expected.

One weird situation is that we have three excellent under-18 left backs here. I know there was talk earlier in the season of how to fit Giles and Beecher in the same team but Jac Thomas plays there too (and for Wales u-17s) so it'll be interesting to see how that situation resolves itself. I hadn't seen Beecher before and he was good today although the defence didn't get tested too much.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    Colwill jnr has got the lot, workrate, drive, energy and scores goals. He should be above Wintle in the pecking order. He and Ashford have been a class above this season for the U21's.

Nyakuhwa is another that should be pushing the 1st team squad, he has physique, pace and scores goals. He is probably the next cab off the rank. Still an U18
    The drive of Colwill is a big thing for me, its a threat we don't have at first team level. Even the number 10s don't push on enough up the middle but Colwill wants to do it again and again. Whether he'd be able to replicate that in the Championship we'll have to wait and see.

Nyakuwha is an interesting one. He's not the finished article quite yet but he seems to have all the right attributes, as you say. Played up front today but looked equally comfortable out wide and played a big part in the 5th goal as well as finishing it. Did a few flashy flicks and touches but was a good team player overall and impressed me again today.