Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

As I mention in the piece, I find it hard to see what the youngsters involved would have gained from that game.
Not just a lack of strikers but a lack of wide players and genuine pace too. I'm not just talking about wingers, I'm more than happy for full backs to provide the width, but there are a few talented players there who look completely lost once they get moved out of a central area. Work in progress, I know, but the last couple of home games have been a bit of an eye-opener.

I'm confused by the Weymans situation, I haven't seen much of him but he's looked the real deal when I have. We tried to send him on loan to Kortrijk in January but that fell through, he doesn't play regularly at DVP level yet would seem to be a logical candidate to join up with the first team if Warnock wants to involve youngsters. That midfield position where Gunnarsson and Ralls could help protect him along with Zohore, Harris and Hoilett to try and pick out in front would seem to be ideal for him. Surely he couldn't be less effective than Pilkington in there?