Thread: Meite out for season

Meite out for season

A grade two tear on his calf.

Re: Meite out for season

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Even his cattle get injured.

He was a different player on the wing in the second half Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Glad to hear he is healing, because it looks to me like he has been jogging around the field with an undiagnosed grade 3 tear all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    He was a different player on the wing in the second half Saturday.
    yeah. a different flavor shit

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Glad to hear he is healing, because it looks to me like he has been jogging around the field with an undiagnosed grade 3 tear all season.
    Great answer. It would have been interesting to see where may have ended up this season with a half competent centre forward on the books. Imagine a Bothroyd or Chris Pike playing centre forward. Etete showed glimpses of potential but Meite, Ugbo and Diedhiou ... well ...

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    Great answer. It would have been interesting to see where may have ended up this season with a half competent centre forward on the books. Imagine a Bothroyd or Chris Pike playing centre forward. Etete showed glimpses of potential but Meite, Ugbo and Diedhiou ... well ...
    Chris Pike was a good Division 4 striker. He ended up playing for Barry. That's what you want?

Meite had a few moments this season where he gave a clue as to why he was a successful Championship striker with Reading before his serious injury, but most of the time, he’s been an argument against the line that we had the sixth largest wage bill in the division - if we really were, we wouldn’t be signing players like him.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Chris Pike was a good Division 4 striker. He ended up playing for Barry. That's what you want?
    ;-) PIkey was a cult figure, I won't have a word said against him

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Meite had a few moments this season where he gave a clue as to why he was a successful Championship striker with Reading before his serious injury, but most of the time, he’s been an argument against the line that we had the sixth largest wage bill in the division - if we really were, we wouldn’t be signing players like him.
    There aren't many teams that get promoted or even challenge for promotion that don't have a top quality striker and goalscorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Even his cattle get injured.
    🤣 had me in tears

Thing that isn't being considered is that meite has had a horrendous injury. He might not be able to extend himself anymore. Muscle tears and all that. Bale had the same problem for the last 3 years of his career, Michael Owen as well. Players who rely on explosive, powerful acceleration can get serious problems and if affects their mobility. He isn't the player he was at reading, and I reckon that he's compensating for those Injuries. In fact, he's probably only got a couple more years in him at a decent level.

Always slightly bugs me when there are one or 2 games left and players pick up an injury and are described as being "out for the season"

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Always slightly bugs me when there are one or 2 games left and players pick up an injury and are described as being "out for the season"
    It's ridiculous, bugs me too, but in fairness a lot of things do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It's ridiculous, bugs me too, but in fairness a lot of things do.

It's a 'Fact' though