+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Surely the fact that Forest want him is enough to show the club that we should keep him?
    I think the club's point of view may be that they are going to be a lot more reluctant to give second pro deals to young players who have shown little sign of being ready for first team consideration during their first full time contract.

I was surprised when I was told about ten days ago that Bird was one of a few young players that City have released and I admit that he is someone who is talented enough to make their decision look a foolish one in a few years time. However, it seems to me that a decision has been taken that the club don't want to see more O'Sullivan/Wharton situations whereby players were still playing at the same level they first appeared at about five years earlier - City have had an unwanted ability to go from one extreme to the other in recent years, the danger is I suppose that we may be seeing another example of it with some of the youngsters we have got rid of recently.

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think the club's point of view may be that they are going to be a lot more reluctant to give second pro deals to young players who have shown little sign of being ready for first team consideration during their first full time contract.

I was surprised when I was told about ten days ago that Bird was one of a few young players that City have released and I admit that he is someone who is talented enough to make their decision look a foolish one in a few years time. However, it seems to me that a decision has been taken that the club don't want to see more O'Sullivan/Wharton situations whereby players were still playing at the same level they first appeared at about five years earlier - City have had an unwanted ability to go from one extreme to the other in recent years, the danger is I suppose that we may be seeing another example of it with some of the youngsters we have got rid of recently.
    Hopefully this doesn't come back to bite us, although I fear it will in some cases