+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This afternoon's match finished 1-1 with Eli Phipps scoring a second half equaliser.
    A decent result this as Millwall had won their last five. Rollin Menayese was sent off, along with a Millwall player, late in the game after an 'altercation'.

http://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/art...-3416797.aspx?

I'd be interested to know how we set up here. With Rees, Tutonda, Blaise, Menayese, Baker and James all playing, at least one of them must have been playing out of position. I've wondered before on here why Tom James hasn't been tried out as a centre-midfielder and that would seem to be the most likely explanation here with him sitting in front of a back five. He's an excellent passer of the ball and would obviously have defensive capabilities too so I'd see him as an effective version of Whitts in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    A decent result this as Millwall had won their last five. Rollin Menayese was sent off, along with a Millwall player, late in the game after an 'altercation'.

http://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/art...-3416797.aspx?

I'd be interested to know how we set up here. With Rees, Tutonda, Blaise, Menayese, Baker and James all playing, at least one of them must have been playing out of position. I've wondered before on here why Tom James hasn't been tried out as a centre-midfielder and that would seem to be the most likely explanation here with him sitting in front of a back five. He's an excellent passer of the ball and would obviously have defensive capabilities too so I'd see him as an effective version of Whitts in that position.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Tutonda played more as a winger.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Tutonda played more as a winger.
    If we played a back four, yes, but that would still mean someone else would've had to play midfield. Maybe Rees on the other side but trying to convert two full-backs to midfielders at the same time would seem a bit drastic. No point in speculating really but I find it interesting how things get mixed up at that level without any drastic effect on results or performances. It's probably just routine and common sense to someone like Nicholson to change systems and move players around but it still takes a bit of getting used to after the succession of one-dimensional managers (Ole apart) we've had at first team level.

Blue in the Face

Menayese can play holding midfielder too so he may have not been in defense (when he was on the pitch). I pray for the Millwall lad who went up against him as he is likely to have taken a steam Rollin.

Blue in the Face

u18s are away to Swansea tomorrow (Sunday the 20th) in the FAW cup for those who can make it. The game starts at 2pm is at Landore (apparently, but double check!).

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Menayese can play holding midfielder too so he may have not been in defense (when he was on the pitch). I pray for the Millwall lad who went up against him as he is likely to have taken a steam Rollin.
    Have now seen a highlights video of the match on Cardiff City World and it looked to me as if Blaise was playing in a holding midfield role. Also, it would appear that Menayese's sending off was a case of mistaken identity because it was Blaise who was involved in the initial incident and Rollin only joined in later.