+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    They only put 10 starting players on that team sheet, Patten was the one they left out. No idea why they have to jazz that up anyway, just put down the players and the subs, don't worry about fancy writing and a nice background. Do they think we want to print it off and make a poster out of it or something?

It's a decent twitter feed to be fair, I'm grateful for it. I saw that Isaak Davies was being called a winger in there so I assume Bellamy was persisting in playing him wide which does seem a waste, as you pointed out at the weekend. Ole had a thing about playing strikers out wide too, le Fondre for the first team and Danny Johnson for the DVP team spring to mind (Johnson got a late equaliser for Motherwell against Celtic last night, every dog has its day) but I don't get it. Bellamy seems to have done a great job turning two similar players into an effective front two, no idea why he'd want to change that.

I don't want to keep banging the same old drum against a brick wall (if you'll excuse the mixed metaphor) but if we've got two good strikers at that level and none at DVP level there does seem to be a simple solution if Bellamy doesn't want to use them both up top.

Here's the club's match report from last night.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-cardiff-city/
    The team sheet I saw on Twitter listed the subs, but Patten was nowhere to be seen. I agree with you though, just give us the team in the same way as they do with our opponents.

I also agree with you about playing Davies on the wing. His goalscoring record is pretty good considering the way he is used, but a couple of things stand out to me about the latest league tables for the Academy team;-

http://youthhawk.co.uk/w/index.php/2...er-18_League_2

Number one is what a poor result it was on Wednesday - as evidenced by the relative positions of us and Hull in their divisions and number two that the games we have in hand do not wholly explain why our goalscoring record is so much worse than the teams around us. We are where we are because of our excellent defensive record, rather than the goals we are scoring. As mentioned earlier in the thread, this can be explained away to some extent by Sion Spence's absence, but while he is out injured we surely would have scored more if Isaak Davies was used in the position where he forged what reputation he has today - through the middle. He can go back out wide when Spence returns if needs be, but we both saw how isolated Dan Griffiths and then Davies himself were when they were playing as lone attackers last weekend.

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

An excellent 5-1 win for the Academy team today against Charlton. I only saw the first half but the 4-0 lead we built up was thoroughly deserved, sharp all over the pitch with some excellent delivery matched by good finishing. Dan Griffiths was outstanding up front.

Sion Spence came on as a sub in the second half after a long injury lay off, I trust TOBW will let us know how he did. I saw Sion walk up some steps to his seat last week and he looked fine to me but I accept there may be more accurate ways of assessing someone's fitness. Hopefully he can stay injury free now and start inching his way towards a first team place.