+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    A surprisingly low-level move for him, as others have said, but with our under-23 game next week being postponed it means we only have four games scheduled at that level before January 8th whereas Hereford have thirteen (including an FA Cup tie at Fleetwood) so there is some logic to sending him out now.

I'm not sure if it's been his choice or ours to play him at centre-half, we might find out now. I'm not aware of him playing there before he came to us. I haven't seen much of him but he looks like an excellent footballer who'd be comfortable in a number of positions.

Hereford may feel their defence needs shoring up after leaking a goal in their 15-1 cup win on Tuesday night (Jamie Bird got 2).

http://www.herefordtimes.com/sport/f...nty_Cup_match/

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I'm not sure if it's been his choice or ours to play him at centre-half, we might find out now. I'm not aware of him playing there before he came to us. I haven't seen much of him but he looks like an excellent footballer who'd be comfortable in a number of positions.
    To answer my own question, Tyrone Duffus played in central midfield today on his debut for Hereford. Got two goals and the man-of-the-match award in a 5-0 win.

To answer my own question, Tyrone Duffus played in central midfield today on his debut for Hereford. Got two goals and the man-of-the-match award in a 5-0 win.
    I made a prediction at the last Under 23 match that I saw (think it was the defeat by Southampton in that Premier League Cup) that Duffus would play for the first team this season if our campaign tails off into mid table mediocrity - as I've only had one pint throughout 2017, I cannot use the excuse that I was pissed at the time I came out with that beauty!

Truth is though, that I've been increasingly impressed by Duffus' performances at centre back, but you've got me thinking what I was when I first saw him play there now - why play someone who was an attacking midfielder when we signed him there?

Incidentally, we lost the Academy match with Coventry that I mentioned in my previous post in this thread 2-0 if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I made a prediction at the last Under 23 match that I saw (think it was the defeat by Southampton in that Premier League Cup) that Duffus would play for the first team this season if our campaign tails off into mid table mediocrity - as I've only had one pint throughout 2017, I cannot use the excuse that I was pissed at the time I came out with that beauty!

Truth is though, that I've been increasingly impressed by Duffus' performances at centre back, but you've got me thinking what I was when I first saw him play there now - why play someone who was an attacking midfielder when we signed him there?

Incidentally, we lost the Academy match with Coventry that I mentioned in my previous post in this thread 2-0 if anyone is interested.
    Not that crazy at all, I'd have had him first in line to step up to the first team from the under-23s. In fact, there were so many injuries and suspensions yesterday that he may have been drafted into the squad as cover if he'd been here.

It's odd that he's played at centre-half here. I wonder if part of the problem with him is that we found ourselves with too many good central midfielders at that level, with Veale and Waite there too, and this has been the way to accommodate the three of them and still leave room for trialists or a first-teamer needing pitch time. What's happened to Lloyd Humphries by the way, any idea?

One small thing about your first team match report, it's shoo-in not shoe in. I normally hate that kind of pedantry on here but I thought you might be interested in the derivation.

https://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_...ages/1047.html

Not that crazy at all, I'd have had him first in line to step up to the first team from the under-23s. In fact, there were so many injuries and suspensions yesterday that he may have been drafted into the squad as cover if he'd been here.

It's odd that he's played at centre-half here. I wonder if part of the problem with him is that we found ourselves with too many good central midfielders at that level, with Veale and Waite there too, and this has been the way to accommodate the three of them and still leave room for trialists or a first-teamer needing pitch time. What's happened to Lloyd Humphries by the way, any idea?

One small thing about your first team match report, it's shoo-in not shoe in. I normally hate that kind of pedantry on here but I thought you might be interested in the derivation.

https://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_...ages/1047.html
    I've already been told about "shoo in" on the blog - albeit you did it in a way I appreciated more .

Maybe you're right about Duffus, but centreback? I'd prefer us trying to turn him into a striker.

I see we made it into the next round of the Welsh Youth Cup yesterday with a 6-0 win over BFLAFCYOUTH - think they're from Briton Ferry.